IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!
5/22/19, 8:50 PM   #21
Crankin

Not trying to start a war, but am genuinely curious as to where are the cars?
Out of the 20, i only count about 12 guys that normally run with usac? If it wasn’t for guys that I would never even thought about being there, and a couple of newbies, they would barely have 2 heats??
Thoughts??

5/22/19, 8:53 PM   #22
chathamracefan

Need both. Probs the win $ and the start $. Make it a can’t miss deal for the competitive Indiana guys that don’t normally run usac.

5/22/19, 9:05 PM   #23
Re: USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!
Rpracing1

I’m glad I’m here vs sitting at home!

6 members like this post: 2fast4u, addictedtodirt, Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, ronmil, SDHill89
5/22/19, 9:08 PM   #24
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 22

It’s like going fishing. You might not catch anything, but you went fishing!

4 members like this post: erich45, mlamb, ronmil, Rpracing1
5/22/19, 9:09 PM   #25
richie

Just for reference, 42 cars were at Terre Haute for the Indiana Sprint Week race in 2018 - the highest car count for any Indiana Sprint Week race last year.

4 members like this post: Crankin, oppweld, ronmil, speed bump
5/22/19, 9:14 PM   #26
fourteen fan

7 down 32, 5, 21, 7,69, 12 Ktj broke yellow

10 down stockton windom, sunshine, bacon, leary, ballou, yellow for short

15 down stokon windom sunshine leary bacon ballou

19 down same yeloow for mcmillin

9 to go yellow for leary right rear. Ballou and bacon touched and ballou takes position
Stokon windom, sunshine, lesry ballou grant mcdougal bacon
Last edited by fourteen fan; 5/22/19 at 9:30 PM.

2 members like this post: LUCKYONE, Wingman
5/22/19, 9:36 PM   #27
fourteen fan

Finish
Stockon
Windom
Sunshine
Ballou
Grant
Bacon
Mcdougal
Short

3 members like this post: Hammer, superstock30, Wingman
5/22/19, 10:07 PM   #28
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Thankfully I saw the twitter post regarding everyone being upset after Granite City, and that they were losing owners. This has always been one of my favorite shows, would have been disappointed to have driven over to see a short program with only 3 heats that did not even have full fields, no 4th heat, semi!! Sometimes this technology is not all bad. Saved 5 of us a trip and ticket $.
Your loss dude. Good race with competitive cars. Nice to see Stockon hold off the NOS brigade. Larger car counts don’t mean better racing. I’ll take quality over quantity any day!

5/22/19, 10:27 PM   #29
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Your loss dude. Good race with competitive cars. Nice to see Stockon hold off the NOS brigade. Larger car counts don’t mean better racing. I’ll take quality over quantity any day!
I want both, matter of fact, I want full fields, and good track prep, it is my entertainment dollar, and I will not settle for partial shows. Like I said, glad I read on twitter or would have never known the field size was going to be so small.

There are those that will settle for a watered down product, good for you. I am glad we did not go tonight, I had a 1st timer going, do not think he would have been impressed with 16 minutes of racing?

I once did a 7 car show, not claiming or blaming. My point was more about the use of technology, and had I not read twitter I would have went.....Along that same note, the SC race is going to have 43 cars, a semi, 100 lap feature, and my money!

For the sport to grow it needs a better product then the one tonight, there are those that will be satisfied, and those that are not. And for all the not's their cash is still in their pocket, and, cash talks loud!!

5/22/19, 10:57 PM   #30
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
I want both, matter of fact, I want full fields, and good track prep, it is my entertainment dollar, and I will not settle for partial shows. Like I said, glad I read on twitter or would have never known the field size was going to be so small.

There are those that will settle for a watered down product, good for you. I am glad we did not go tonight, I had a 1st timer going, do not think he would have been impressed with 16 minutes of racing?

I once did a 7 car show, not claiming or blaming. My point was more about the use of technology, and had I not read twitter I would have went.....Along that same note, the SC race is going to have 43 cars, a semi, 100 lap feature, and my money!

For the sport to grow it needs a better product then the one tonight, there are those that will be satisfied, and those that are not. And for all the not's their cash is still in their pocket, and, cash talks loud!!
Im not putting this as a negative nanny But I somewhat agree with this. While I go to the local shows to see the whole program. A four hour drive needs equal too or more than most local shows put on.. I also don't get it, Guys will load up and run with a good shot at not making a feature and a hundred dollar tow, But not for five hundred start money?

While you can still go see decent car count shows, I put it not far off the LM scene where today formerly premier LM tracks that almost always carried more than 30 cars, can barely muster two heats.

I realize you don't beat USAC often, But to become the best, you gotta race against the best at times.

4 members like this post: captrat, chrismattlin, FishBurger, hoosierboy3
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!