IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!
5/23/19, 10:18 AM   #51
Re: USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!
Rpracing1

Kudos to the track crew for delivering a pretty darn good track considering all of the rain we had. Too all of the nay-sayers, you missed a damn good race with the best non-wing drivers in the world, your loss. Don't believe USAC missed your $25. Much rather see that race leaving at 10 pm verses at 3am Paragon Marathon. Appreciate what you got and if you stayed home and watched on FLO verses going to track, unless unusual circumstances abound, you are part of the problem. Congrats to Chase Stockon for the Big Gun Win!

6 members like this post: 2fast4u, Chief Wahoo, davidm, Dirtfan, oppweld, RedRacer07
5/23/19, 10:24 AM   #52
Leroy Jenkins

I don't understand why they rescheduled the Eldora USAC race for a Wednesday night, I won't be able to go and why can't you use your wristbands to get in at the 4 crown?

5/23/19, 10:41 AM   #53
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Kudos to the track crew for delivering a pretty darn good track considering all of the rain we had. Too all of the nay-sayers, you missed a damn good race with the best non-wing drivers in the world, your loss. Don't believe USAC missed your $25. Much rather see that race leaving at 10 pm verses at 3am Paragon Marathon. Appreciate what you got and if you stayed home and watched on FLO verses going to track, unless unusual circumstances abound, you are part of the problem. Congrats to Chase Stockon for the Big Gun Win!
So, we both go to a Steak House ,we both order a 16 oz rib eye....when the salad comes ( heat races) yours has no cheese, or dressing, but mine is complete...when the steak comes yours is only 10oz, but mine is 16 oz (no semi)....the steak is average ( last nights feature was average at best, yes, there was a few that put on a little bit of a show, but that was just the way it played out, good track, average show). We both pay the same amount...are you going to get on yelp and rave about how great your meal was?

If I am the problem, its not the 1st time ( that makes me laugh). If there are several like me ( and there are) , that want a complete show (meal) or we keep our money...then there is the problem and it is not mine!

Lost in all of my post was giving credit to the twitter post giving me the heads up from a car owners wife after last Saturday!

5/23/19, 10:59 AM   #54
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
So, we both go to a Steak House ,we both order a 16 oz rib eye....when the salad comes ( heat races) yours has no cheese, or dressing, but mine is complete...when the steak comes yours is only 10oz, but mine is 16 oz (no semi)....the steak is average ( last nights feature was average at best, yes, there was a few that put on a little bit of a show, but that was just the way it played out, good track, average show). We both pay the same amount...are you going to get on yelp and rave about how great your meal was?

If I am the problem, its not the 1st time ( that makes me laugh). If there are several like me ( and there are) , that want a complete show (meal) or we keep our money...then there is the problem and it is not mine!

Lost in all of my post was giving credit to the twitter post giving me the heads up from a car owners wife after last Saturday!
All I got from your post is that the guy that actually went to the race got steak while you stayed home with your bologna.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

5/23/19, 11:07 AM   #55
ossuks

Absolutely believe that, thanks for sharing.

5/23/19, 11:18 AM   #56
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
All I got from your post is that the guy that actually went to the race got steak while you stayed home with your bologna.
Funny stuff right there!

3 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, davidm, illinifan
5/23/19, 11:36 AM   #57
Jerry Shaw

The track stayed fast all the way to the very end and that usually presents a challenge, because everybody's fast. Guys were turning qualifying speeds up until the very end. So, after a while all the top contenders were just chasing one another. Leary was on the hunt and was the fastest car on the track, at the time he slowed to a stop. He had just passed Ballou and was catching Courtney quickly, at the time. And Grant ended up 5th, but that doesn't tell the whole story, because at one point, he brought out a yellow and had to go go the back, so he ended up passing most the field. Isaac Chapple ran a good race again, just like he did at Granite City this past weekend. And both winged guys (Balog and May) made a nice accounting for themselves. So, it wasn't one of those Action Track Instant Classics. Wasn't one of the worst, either.

Now, as far as the complaining on the thread is concerned, a couple of the people mainly come here to complain. And people take that into consideration. Even though one of them is someone who is in the know and always lays his points out well. The third guy who raised issues, non wing lover. That's a race fan's race fan, right there. One that I've always thought outranks me, in hierarcy of race fans. And if he's raising issues, like with EF Hutton in the 70's commercials, they'd better listen. And finding ways to get more non-regular teams to come and compete at their events was a glaring issue last night and probably the most important riddle they must solve to insure their future.

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 5/23/19 at 11:56 AM.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, openwheelfan1, oppweld, Steve Wendel
5/23/19, 11:54 AM   #58
Big Willy

Anyone who doesn't believe the stunt pulled by Track Ent at Granite City was at least partially to blame for the car count is delusional. It appears that they pulled the plug so not having to pay the purse (yes from what was relayed as far as butts in the stands would have been a big loser) resulting in nobody getting paid for their efforts. I commend the racers for standing up for themselves.

5/23/19, 1:39 PM   #59
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post

Last night was bologna too as it was a real off night for Floracing. Bad audio all night, then no audio, and then 10 second delayed audio in the features. Oh well, they can't all be winners.

5/23/19, 1:43 PM   #60
Longtime sprinter

Joe thank you, expressed my thoughts exactly. I sat in front of some guys that had never been to a sprint car race before, and they thought it was insane cool. (Also saw DD in stands, and Pippa Mann.) Well worth the trip from Cincy for me. Was wondering why DD didn’t just race his own car?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!