Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo Racing
5/23/19, 6:58 AM   #1
Flo Racing
Beinthecircle

What are your thoughts on the service?

5/23/19, 7:31 AM   #2
Re: Flo Racing
ThePurple73

I get buffering at times. It still plays but the circle is on the screen. I have plenty of bandwidth the NBC gold worked perfectly. Flo lost the voice during the feature last night. I have no idea what their(FLO) connection is back to their server, or what they have as bandwidth, but it seems as if not enough at times.

I am glad USAC has the service, I pay for it. I try to watch. My suggestions would be to: 1.Ensure broadcast bandwidth. 2. Monitor broadcast-to ensure program function and video, vocal quality. 3. Have line up graphics.

The announcers are pretty good and no real goofy heavy metal, that is a major plus.

Was a good video on Daron Clayton during down time.

5/23/19, 7:31 AM   #3
kb78

I have never had any streaming service until this year so I don't have anything to compare it to but I like it a lot. I have had a few minor glitches here and there but considering the cost I think they do a nice job. I love the way that they show the support classes also instead of having dead air. I have had several problems trying to playback completed races with them freezing or the sound being ahead or behind but overall I am happy to spend the money.

5/23/19, 9:23 AM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Had few issues other than the sound out for the first ten laps of the feature.
Liked that you could see them come to the finish and tell how each car finished vs the finish line shot of cars zipping by while there was a two or three car battle over second.

One thing they need to do is put a banner on when replays or non live action is being shown like "Racing to resume shortly"and except for qualifying, Why they zooming in on the leader out there running alone when there's a two or three car battle behind them.

At times I feel the coverage is very good, lots of off track interviews and info. At other times I feel it's, 'Stick in a tape and keep everyone wondering"

I like it, It's worth the price to see races and tracks I can't make vs the full admission price per show. But it isn't as good as the past couple years. Just being honest and don't mean disrespect, Im sure each track, Number of staff, cams etc has a lot of challenges and obstacles.

Chuck, More glad they didn't just call it yesterday. It was a good race, especially among positions 3-10

I appreciate it, but at the same time am one of many paying for it.

Thanks for airing.

5/23/19, 11:04 AM   #5
Jerry Shaw

I've watched races using my Roku unit, everywhere from my living room to a hotel in Denmark and have yet to have an issue. So, I'd have to say I'm pleased, so far. And the iPhone app seems to work pretty well, even when you have an average cell phone signal.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 5/23/19 at 11:08 AM.

5/23/19, 11:13 AM   #6
chathamracefan

I bought it starting Saturday & have been pleased with it both then & last night. Plan to watch tonight also assuming Ma Nature allows. Their price point is by far the most reasonable of any for the volume of racing you get.

I stream lots of races with Dirtvision for the Outlaws as well as Speedshift & Dirtondirt for the late models. All 3 of those provide top notch quality with a higher price point. The Dirtvision outlaw shows basically never freeze up. It is essentially like turning on the outlaw tv channel for the night & the broadcast quality is outstanding.

It is amazing how much more racing is at our fingertips now compared to 20 years ago when we waited for the weekly Speed Sport News to get results. Love it!

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Rimrida35, RockinRy, spicoli, XtremeLS1
5/23/19, 4:44 PM   #7
Beinthecircle

Did you have audio the entire feature last night?

5/23/19, 4:48 PM   #8
leaglen

Wish they had a better way of finding on demand videos. Just a simple list by date would be fine
. Some times it seems a bit tricky to find them.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, erich45, RockinRy
5/23/19, 5:09 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Can't watch hotlaps?

5/23/19, 5:12 PM   #10
XtremeLS1

FloRacing isn't going to start the broadcast until 6:15, they are live streaming on facebook right now for hotlaps. https://www.facebook.com/usacracing/...f_t=live_video

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo Racing