IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Final Post
9/13/09, 1:28 AM   #1
Final Post
riskybrisky5

I have made the decision not to post anymore unless it is a get well, a birthday wish, an update on Chase, defending false accusations about our race team, or reflections from the good ole days. I am done posting on topics about how to improve our sport, save our sport, or anything that has to do with bashing or belittling people. The reason I am doing this is because I am trying to get my life where I believe it needs to be. That would be putting God first, family second, and racing falling in some where down the line. While standing on the fence waiting for the B mains at Paragon tonight I was pondering my life and if I was really getting it right or was racing still coming before God and my family. About that time someone came up to me and asked me about my posts I have been putting on here. By the way he agreed lol. It hit me like a ton of bricks all I have been thinking about since these post's have started is this site and the purse thing. I am still ate up with racing and it's crazy that I let this purse thing eat me up so bad. Yes I know it is wrong but in the end what does all of this really matter? Nothing. All that really matters is our faith, our family and our health. For me I should just be happy that I know that I am saved by Jesus, I have a great family, and I have my health. I am not going to let this racing thing get me any longer. I am still going to go but I am going to just enjoy it. As long as we have fun and Chase is safe that is all that matters. If they fix the purse's great that would be awesome. But I am done worrying I have spoke my peace.

P.S. No promoters, Sanctioning bodies, or Fans have called me or PM'd me. I have had no rude comments that have made me make this decision. I am doing this for my self and encourage all of us to think about getting our priorities straight and not let this Internet and racing eat us up.

Also if any Promoter, Sanctioning body, or Fan would ever want to talk to me for any advice or help I am more than willing to help in any way to make this sport better as long as it doesn't get in the way of my priorities. So you can call me or PM with any questions.

Thank you all and God Bless
Last edited by riskybrisky5; 9/13/09 at 1:32 AM.

9/13/09, 1:49 AM   #2
Re: Final Post
Michael#81

Kevin,

That is one of the greatest posts I have read on here in a while. I know exactly where you are coming from though and I have also been feeling that way here lataly since I have a baby on the way.

I thing I really hate is that I will not be able to read anymore of your posts and all of the wisdom you have about racing.

9/13/09, 4:38 AM   #3
JasonWatt

Kevin,
1st off I want to apologize if I brought up something in the other thread that got you thinking about prize money & sanctioning bodies, etc. I do not know you personally but will come and introduce myself to you next time I see you and Chase in the pits. I think you have a lot of knowledge on this sport and I value your opinion a lot because you have been there and done it! CShuman and yourself are the only 2 drivers I see voice their opinion openly and as a fan of this sport I commend that! These are the types of drivers / owners that I want to support, I will tell you that much!

Your decision to have fun and enjoy the sport is the best thing you can do right now. You have a wonderful son that is a star in his own right and you need to sit back and enjoy the moment..... I respect your decision but I will miss your insight on this board!

I truly wish you and your family all the best luck in the future Kevin and you are a true hero in a lot of peoples eyes!

Jason Watt

9/13/09, 7:20 AM   #4
Hubie

For what it's worth, I thought you purse payout comments in the thread in question were very well thought out. They were very logical and lMO would go a great ways forward to making this form of racing viable.

I always enjoyed your comments and respect your wishes

Best of Luck

Hubie

(ps - it's all good)

9/13/09, 9:36 AM   #5
SprintManDave

Kevin, I will miss your knowledge and honesty on this board,but I can agree with you 100%. I also have considered cutting back on my posts other than the ones you mentioned. Some take this thing too seriously. I have always respected you,Richard, an Chase for all you do for the racing comunity.I still hope to see you at the tracks.May God bless you and your family in the future. Dave

9/13/09, 12:43 PM   #6
IndyBound

Kevin, I wish you and Chase all the best in your future racing endeavors. I will also miss your knowledge, wisdom and insight on the sport of auto racing on the board. In the past I have been an advocate for higher USAC purses, and from time to time I have become out spoken on the subject on this board. I applaud you for sharing your opinion.

Safe racing,

Patti

9/13/09, 3:14 PM   #7
Motormasher

The way I see it Kevin, is that if God IS 1st in your life thats all that matters.

Everything else will take care of itself. No matter what you do for a living (and I would say your a racer) thats just where God has lead you. I know you (and your family) have always been a insperation in my life although I haven't been able to race full time like you do, but when I am thinking about racing (which is most of the time) its people like you I want to be around. I think Ive been around more christians since I got involved with sprint car racing than anything else Ive ever done.

Maybe thats why I LOVE it so much?

9/13/09, 4:27 PM   #8
Butch47265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
The way I see it Kevin, is that if God IS 1st in your life thats all that matters.

Everything else will take care of itself. No matter what you do for a living (and I would say your a racer) thats just where God has lead you. I know you (and your family) have always been a insperation in my life although I haven't been able to race full time like you do, but when I am thinking about racing (which is most of the time) its people like you I want to be around. I think Ive been around more christians since I got involved with sprint car racing than anything else Ive ever done.

Maybe thats why I LOVE it so much?
Kevin I think you know that I back your thoughts 100percent I have the same feelings for putting GOD out front in everything that makes us all better I promise. Good Luck in the future and GOD Bless you, Your FREIND I HOPE, Butch Wilkerson #1

1 member likes this post: Amatiforever
9/13/09, 5:55 PM   #9
HurstBros0

Kevin you are just having " poster remorse ". You have proven yourself a good Christian man many times. Besides if God didn`t want you to have an opinion he would have had Moses chisel it in stone.

9/13/09, 6:14 PM   #10
Gasman fan 50

I started as a fan in 77, saw three drivers get killed, the last was GP. The racing was so much better back then. A good friend was hurt at Ascot. We would spend our time with him at the hospital instead at Disneyland. We hit all of their two day shows. This is what it's all about. Friendship. I do miss what we had 70's early 80's. Not what we have now. I can say I seen America and this sport!

Not very many can say that in here.

Good luck in what ever you do! Risky.
I'm retired to. When I'm down to three race weekends. Third of it was at my home track Calistoga last weekend.
Joe

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Final Post