Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
Quick scan of http://gascityi69speedway.org/rules.html revealed the following
(Not in the Midgets tab under rules, just clicking Rules itself):
MIDGETS

Appearance
All cars shall appear and fit the guidelines of a traditional midget, such as all USAC National Midgets; for example-no bicycle tires on left front.

Weight
Minimum Weight - 1,050 Pounds (including driver) for cars using Fontana, Esslinger, Stanton, Gaerte, and other legal National Midgets. Midgets powered by Volkswagen, Honda, Ford Focus, and entirely stock production block and head
(such as Chevy II, etc.) - No Minimum Weight

Unfortunately, the first phrase appears to exclude chain-driven cars; not specifically, but "All cars shall appear and fit the guidelines of a traditional midget, such as all USAC National Midgets" could be interepreted that way, especially with no mention of motorcycle powerplants in the "non-National" category.
That's disappointing; after speaking with Mel last week I would have hoped that he would have seen fit to give us a try.
Oh well; one more night a week to prepare for Montpelier, which will clearly be my "home" track now...
It's funny; I went to the Montpelier site to compare the rules package and the Gas City rules appear to have been lifted straight out of the Montpelier site, with the "such as all USAC National Midgets" comment and the reference to "no bicycle tires" added in, and the Mini Sprint rules package blatantly left off.
If you're going to plagiarize from a track that has had obvious success with their program, why not go all in?
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 3/3/14 at 1:23 PM.

3/3/14, 2:02 PM   #62
Re: Gas City 2014
TQ29m

One would think? Makes ya think of scrambled eggs, sort of, and then if you don't specify you want them FRIED, you're liable to get them just that way, raw and scrambled, it's like well" we just assumed" you could figure it out, you know where that gets ya! just sayin! Bob

1 member likes this post: jjones752
3/14/14, 10:21 PM   #63
Re: Gas City 2014
johnnythunderhead
Banned

glad to see midgets on the format, would like to see some other Indiana tracks get on the bandwagon and perhaps a kim (king of Indiana midgets) trveling series as well

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirtnonwingfan, nathans1012
3/16/14, 2:11 AM   #64
cjm3535

Midgets will bring me back for a few races. Great to see gas city step up, now hopefully they don't F the track up before the feature like they did before.

2 members like this post: dkdorkboy, nonwing77
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City 2014