IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington
9/4/22, 1:09 AM   #31
kcarm92

pretty sure since Mike Myles quit promoting Bloomington no one has enforced the muffler rule ,but they sure need to,just to try and get along with the neighbors,

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
9/4/22, 8:22 AM   #32
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDuBois View Post
Bloomington is hot a good place to have races after midnight as most of the people who live within hearing distance of the track are a--holes and they would love to close the racetrack. I live in Owen County next to Bloomington and our biggest problem is those who move from Bloomington to Owen County and want to make Owen County like Bloomington. I think we will hear more from these a--holes about racing after midnight,.
Mr.DuBois,not all of us that live near Bloomington Speedway are what you call us.
I'm sure that all of the Commissioners from Owen County are not dishonest and misuse money from their voters either.
If you'd like I could post a link from your local paper,have a nice rest of the weekend.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

9/4/22, 9:26 AM   #33
Re: Bloomington
SoIllSprinter

Maybe you would rather it be become a junkyard parking lot like two venerable tracks will now become (I 30 and Grandview). I’ve seen many races at Bloomington and Lincoln Park, what happened in Bloomington is not the norm. Just a few years ago Bloomington was in serious trouble and faced closure. Is that the preferred outcome for some of you? Sounds like some things went haywire on a night that the track was trying to make special for a special family. @#$& happens.
This society is ate up with people who find flaws in others and flail away online, with zero repercussions. Pretty easy to be negative when all you are aware of is a night at the track that went sideways and even easier when you can do it without having to face your target.

9/4/22, 11:03 AM   #34
brown11b

Most of us dont want tracks to close. In fact I want Bloomington and Lincoln Park to stay open. Both always seem to be running late. This doesnt encourage the neighbors to play nice. All tracks should have enforced muffler rules and strive to have all races completed at a reasonable time. The light issue delayed things Friday at Bloomington, but even without the light issue it was still going to run late with too many classes being run.

9/4/22, 3:59 PM   #35
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter View Post
Maybe you would rather it be become a junkyard parking lot like two venerable tracks will now become (I 30 and Grandview). I’ve seen many races at Bloomington and Lincoln Park, what happened in Bloomington is not the norm. Just a few years ago Bloomington was in serious trouble and faced closure. Is that the preferred outcome for some of you? Sounds like some things went haywire on a night that the track was trying to make special for a special family. @#$& happens.
This society is ate up with people who find flaws in others and flail away online, with zero repercussions. Pretty easy to be negative when all you are aware of is a night at the track that went sideways and even easier when you can do it without having to face your target.
Doesn't IU already own the track?

9/4/22, 5:24 PM   #36
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
What’s your problem with IU?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/4/22, 6:32 PM   #37
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
A quick check of property records will tell you who in fact who is the owner of Bloomington Speedway.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: Rpracing1
9/4/22, 6:41 PM   #38
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown11b View Post
Most of us dont want tracks to close. In fact I want Bloomington and Lincoln Park to stay open. Both always seem to be running late. This doesnt encourage the neighbors to play nice. All tracks should have enforced muffler rules and strive to have all races completed at a reasonable time. The light issue delayed things Friday at Bloomington, but even without the light issue it was still going to run late with too many classes being run.
Obviously you dont go to either track too much because they are NOT always running late. Sprints are done at both tracks around 10-10:30 most every week so that means the entire show is completed before midnight. This week they had too many classes and the light issue, crap happens. If you dont know what you are talking about then maybe you shouldnt throw stones. If that is too late for you then maybe you should stay home if you have even went there anyway.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Last edited by racefan20; 9/4/22 at 7:24 PM.

9/4/22, 6:49 PM   #39
TQ29m

Well, evidently it's none of those mentioned so far, there's owners and promoters mentioned in the search I did 😀.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
9/4/22, 7:21 PM   #40
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
A quick check of property records will tell you who in fact who is the owner of Bloomington Speedway.
Well Dan if you know who the owner of the property is maybe you should help the guy out and tell him instead of sending him on a wild goose chase. Its not privileged information after all.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: progressive22
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington