IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Special Thanks From BOSS
9/7/14, 10:39 PM   #1
Special Thanks From BOSS
sprinter14

The Buckeye Machine BOSS series would like to take a moment to say thank you to the many fans and track workers who have said a lot of kind things about what we do. We sincerely appreciate the feedback.

But I want to say a special thanks to "DK Dorkboy", "Charles Nungester", "Addicted to Dirt" and "CMIRacingVids" for helping us update the fans who are not able to make it out to the races. Your race night updates take the pressure off of me because I like to do a detailed race write-up a day later (after 4, 6, and 7 hour drives home).

JazzTrombonist is one of our "all volunteer" staff and does a great job for us but it is great seeing fans who help us promote the series. I'm sure there are many more of you who do the same for us and I wish I could name you all ....... even the fans who do it for other events and sanctions, THANK YOU for helping spread the word!

As mentioned, BOSS officials are all volunteers and we thank you along with our teams who support us so well - our sponsors who we list in all press releases are what is helping make this series something special!! I did forget to add in the results release - the free drinks cooler is supplied by The Blue Room Restaurant of Kirby, Ohio. All BOSS teams and track officials and even BOSS fans are welcome to the Gatorade and bottled water at our official tent.

Finally, I also want to thank the tracks who have played host to the series. We have been somewhat selective about the tracks we have chosen to sanction races with and we are proud to say that every track on our schedule has done an outstanding job of growing the traditional sprint car market. BOSS is proud of EVERY partnership we have and scheduling for 2015 is already well underway!

We hope fans will join us at Fremont October 4th and Eldora October 11th as we crown our 3rd champion!! Hoping everyone enjoys the rest of the season and safe travels to all!

Aaron Fry
BOSS

9/8/14, 11:59 AM   #2
Re: Special Thanks From BOSS
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Thanks Aaron, I don't do race updates but never had a problem pointing out BOSS as a show well worth attending. I also think the series is more what Racing was always meant to be. FUN A Core group that goes out and races for a championship amongst each other, While battling local hot shoes and growing the sport. A series where its competitors help each other and a Series that goes outside the gate to help bring some extra help to teams racing with them, With contingencies. Paying heat races etc.

But most of all, Growing traditional sprint car racing by going to tracks that haven't had it ever or rarely and bringing a core group so that fans showing up to see it get to see a well attended car count and good racing.

It's one thing for a track to schedule a NW rogue race and then have 10-15 cars show and another to book BOSS and have three heats minimum.

A series that helps a track be able to race when the gate might normally be closed, A series that doesn't suspend local track points battles encouraging locals support. and a series where locals can race competitively with them

A series bringing racers most western Ohio and eastern IN fans would never see, and also taking some of our racing and racers to eastern PA,

I support a good thing, Yeah I'm a burg fan boy but I get out when I can. Im also a fan of tracks and orgs that support Traditional Sprints and racing, Where a solid built car can race competitively and for a long time.

Thanks BOSS for supporting and expanding Traditional Sprint Car racing in OH, WV, PA and Eastern IN, From the 18 car Southern Ohio only ever NW sprint race to the 57 car sprintactular. I've never left a BOSS show unsatisfied!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/8/14 at 12:02 PM.

9/8/14, 1:42 PM   #3
berks co

I would love to see a BOSS race somewhere in Central PA in 2015

1 member likes this post: davidm
9/8/14, 8:01 PM   #4
worm

Watched our first BOSS show this past weekend and couldnt believe the car count and the racing was very good. Looking forward to making a couple more show before years end.

Would hav liked to see if anyone had anything for the Brandon kid who crashed early he was fast all nite.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, JazzTrombonist, Newport13
9/8/14, 8:56 PM   #5
Sprintcarfanatic

I had posted some names that I thought would be there & I believe the only 1 that was was Clouse. I forgot Hall & he was there in the 9n.

Ingle, Briggs, Dunlap, Wolters & his other car, Simon & his other car, Silva, Campbells #14, Daughtery & another car. That would have been another 11 cars that run Waynesfield. Didn't think Andy Conley would be there.

Forgot about Underwood but I did see he went to Paragon or Lincoln Park.

Worm, you'll have to come to Waynesfield for the Harvest of Sprints.

9/9/14, 8:46 AM   #6
worm

We added that event to our calander. Taking camper there then off to eldora the next nite. Really looking forward to making our first trip to waynesfield.

9/9/14, 1:07 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Last year the Harvest of Sprints Waynesfield
And
Eldora Sprintacular

Were the absolute suprise outstanding shows of 2013

I got to Eldora about ten am after spending the night in Wapakoneta hotel 9 miles from Waynesfield and by three in the afternoon Eldoras pits were nearing capacity and haulers kept coming.

Who can say how many each track will have this year. But last year it was 47 NW 27 360 Win at Waynesfield

56 NW, 32 All Stars and 27 360 winged.

Like a kid in a candy store, A 100 dollar weekend including Hotel and track admissions. OK 150 including food and gas.

3 members like this post: racing2bwithu2, timmanis2000, worm
9/9/14, 8:36 PM   #8
cmiracingvids

Thanks Aaron. I was at Montpelier with my brother Adam Miller. That's really the only show I've updated. But thanks for the props! You do an OUTSTANDING job with your series and in my opinion are hands down promoter of the year. Keep up the good work.
Montpelier was great. The racing and speeds were fantastic and fast!
You should try and get a date at North Vernon next year. Their track has been great this year and it's really a good track for sprint cars. Food for thought.

Colin Miller
MMSA #2m

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Special Thanks From BOSS