IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
terrehautian (Offline)
  #91 4/10/11 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by D.O.:
.....You got to see some racing and other funny shitz on the track.
You are not kidding. I will say I had a great time. You know it is slick when the tow truck won't go near a stuck car and pulls from 20 feet away (or more)

Uploading the video of the whole ambulance rescue right now. I thought something was going to happen in turn 1 at some point after the first heat race, but will say it started to smooth out by the time the heat races for sprints ended.
YouTube...
Also, not sure who these guys were, but watching them duck and cover as the mud flew their way in turn 1.

here is the end of the ambulance being pulled. They probably tried for 3-5 minutes before I started recording.
YouTube...
Al Pierce (Offline)
  #92 4/10/11 2:04 PM
Originally Posted by throb:
so what happened??? did they even run the feature or am i just missing it somewhere on here?
Yeah, they ran the feature. I don't have the lineup nor the total finishing order but Darland won it with a pass on Seth Parker coming out of turn 4 of the last lap. Good for Darland; a heartbreaker for Parker who led most of the race. It was all huggy pole except for Hollingsworth who tried the high groove until it was evident that wasn't going to work. A long night but the track people gave it all they had against some overwhelming obstacles. There has been a lot of whining and griping by some who attended and some who did not but that's racin' and you have to accept the hand you are dealt.
7 Likes: bighd0522, crawfordsville410fans, IndyBound, mowerman, PJ Wright, racegal, SHORTBUS
SprintManDave (Offline)
  #93 4/10/11 2:15 PM
Also want to add my thanks to Dru and D.O. for the posting,and congrats to Dave Darland and crew. Also to the posters wanting to know if they ran the feature,just go back to page 3 of this post for complete results.
2 Likes: Avon Open Wheel fan, racegal
Sprint Car Racing Fan (Offline)
  #94 4/10/11 8:56 PM
I was in the pits last night and can only say, I hate to see so much equipment torn up in one night. Several cars sustained damage during hot laps, not in wrecks or contact with other cars, but were damaged by the track itself. Several other drivers &/or owners after seeing all the carnage from hot laps, decided it would be in their best interest not to attempt any further racing.
It is always good to try to get an event in, but under the circumstances with new (fresh) dirt on the track and all of the rain, I think it might have been best to call the event. Is it possible, with Eldora being cancelled, it became about the money for LPS?? We stuck it out through the sprint feature and got into our car at 1:26 am to head home. Just sorry I did not get to see many of the drivers I went to watch compete, but I understand their reasons.
Congrats to DD, great last turn pass.