IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Races at Banker's Life
10/9/15, 10:55 AM   #91
Eric Smith

Thanks for updating us on the invitations extended. Please keep updating on those. Can you also keep us posted on accepted invitations though?

10/9/15, 11:37 AM   #92
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I guess I just don't understand some posts on threads like this. Go if you want go. Don't go if you don't want to. I'm going. If I decide the event wasn't good, I won't go back. I'm out $20, big deal. I saw an event I'd never seen before. A new event that is trying help midget racing can't be bad IMO. It's created a pretty big buzz. It's going to be tried, if it doesn't work, then it doesn't. If an event/race isn't an instant classic, 80% of the people on here want their money back. Guess that's not how my world works.
Last edited by openwheelKT; 10/9/15 at 11:40 AM.

10/9/15, 2:00 PM   #93
Re: Midget Races at Banker's Life
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
They are going to demolish Kemper Arena.....
The thing that I could not figure out was at Kemper that they had a much larger show floor right next to the one that they raced on. It would have be possible to put a 1/5 th mile track in that hall with no problem?

Honest Dad himself

10/9/15, 7:21 PM   #94
i love dirt track racing

Hell I not a big midget racing fan ( only do the midget indiana sprint week shows ) but I will have to drop off my $ 20 donation to see what might happen at this point in time. Hopefully that it will be a great racing events and I will be able to donate another $20 next year. Have fun and enjoy.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, luckybuc97
10/9/15, 7:40 PM   #95
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

NEW INVITATIONS

MIDGET
Tracy Hines
Thomas Meseraull
Joey Saldana

3 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, BrentTFunk, fish
10/9/15, 8:08 PM   #96
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

NEW OUTLAW KART INVITATIONS
Kyle Beattie
Jimmy Elledge
Last edited by Chris Nunn; 10/9/15 at 8:42 PM.

2 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, fish
10/10/15, 4:53 AM   #97
SteelCore

Not entirely true. Supercross is held at Lucas oil within a week of Monster Jam

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
10/10/15, 4:57 AM   #98
SteelCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
You will not see this at Lucas Oil. Couple of reasons #1 Colts, turf on floor is permenate. They will not book anything big until after the playoffs. #2 Monster jam. You may say what does that have to do with anything, its a little non compete clause that they have in there contract. Can not have any motor sports events at the facility 2 or 3 months prior to or following the event. The chances of this happening at Lucas oil from Nov. to March are very very slim. To be honest, I'm really surprised Bankers life opened up. They have a chance to have a decent size track as 1 entire end opens up bigger than a hockey rink. Not sure where they could pit everything, but I will be there to see what they can do. I just hope everyone else that says they are coming, show up. Without a good crowd, this will be one and done. Time restrictions equal $$$$
Not entirely true. They have Supercross within a week or 2 of Monster Jam

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
10/10/15, 8:49 AM   #99
tubemaster

I saw on Twitter that Alex Bright has accepted an invitation, but have seen no other accepted invitations to this point. I think it will be a very interesting show, and a racing relief with the onset of winter.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
10/10/15, 9:29 AM   #100
Jonr

So, since the IOW PC police have determined that we can no longer question the logistics, timing, or promoters of this event, I guess I will try to join in and have a positive post.

If you have not found them a follow on Twitter, you should follow @indyindoors It is where the invites are being made, and where the invites are being accepted. The invite states that the acceptance has to be made through social media. It also interesting to see a couple of drivers campaigning to get an invite. On their twitter feed they have stated that "There is no set process/rankings for invitations. If you have a driver....make sure we know why they should be in. Anyone is possible." As it was mentioned earlier, some of the invites are for people that do not currently have a ride. It is up to the driver to find a ride, if they accept the invite.

Finally, I want to talk about some of the lessons learned that I observed from Kemper. 1. Since these building are not ventilated well, be very careful on what vehicles that you put on the track. When it came time to rework the track, they brought out this old diesel tractor that put out an enormous about of fumes. The same can be said of some of the old push trucks that they brought out to iron out the track. The air quality was actually worse after they reworked the track than before. 2. Build your track where every space can be a race surface. On Friday night they built a top berm on the track, this just killed the top groove. On Saturday night, they had the track go all the way up to the wall which allowed the second groove a chance. 3. Understand your seating chart. They tried to sell the seats closer to the action at a higher rate because they were closer to the floor. However, the seats that were the most desirable were the ones in the middle of the stands. 4. If you are going to sell tickets based on a seating chart, you have to have ushers. At Kemper, they had two different rates, but no ushers inside policing where people sat. On Friday, I bought the more expensive seats, but then moved to a different section to get a better view. On Saturday, almost everyone bought the cheapest seats in the house and then sat where ever they wanted. 5. Be prepared for down time, with letting the building fumes clear out and the farming the track, it seemed that the Kemper race had more downtime than a normal show. 6. Be prepared for a lot of cautions. It is a small track and there is going to be a lot of contact. 7. Remember everything that makes a good show at the local track. Everything that gets discussed on this board every month should be remembered for the indoor show. This is a new event so you will have some excitement, don't kill it by being an hour late on starting the show. Or if you ever want to have a second race, you have to pay the drivers.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, JJMooney, Kellen Conover, tubemaster
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Races at Banker's Life