IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #21 5/24/10 7:36 PM
My thoughts are with todd and the whole Kirkman Family
Dwayne (Offline)
  #22 5/24/10 7:38 PM
This was posted on www.maximumdirt.com by Todds father.

Update on Todd.
He is going to the surgen tomorrow (Tuesday) for consultation and to find out when he will have surgery.

Charlie Kirkman
Jill (Offline)
  #23 5/24/10 8:29 PM
Thoughts and prayers to Todd and his family. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Kokomo Speedway
REALDEAL (Offline)
  #24 5/24/10 9:49 PM
Not that it makes any difference in the outcome, but after viewing the video at http://www.millsvideoproductions.com/, it wasn't a tire that made contact with todd's helmet but actually the rear bumper . Pretty scary lookin when you slow it down. Continued prayers for Todd, Miss, and the whole gang.
JBallou (Offline)
  #25 5/24/10 10:05 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to Todd and his family.
John Ballou
wideopen24 (Offline)
  #26 5/25/10 12:00 AM
Thoughts and Prayers are with the Kirkman's.....
Landon
pitcrewmom (Offline)
  #27 5/25/10 6:08 PM
First of all, thank you to all of our racing "family" for the calls, thoughts and prayers for Todd. To update you, Todd will be undergoing surgery on Thursday in Indianapolis to repair the numerous fractures in his cheek, jaw and around his eye, and should be released Friday. Much to his relief, this is not a racing career ending injury, but it will likely be fall before he can consider getting back on the track.

Special thanks to the track owners, track and safety personel, the Bullick and Foreman families, and other racing teams who helped out on Sunday and have continued to show us support and assistance.

I will post another update on Thursday.

Again, thank you so much.

Cindy Harmon (Todd's mom)
2 Likes: PJ Wright
CarlMcIntyre (Offline)
  #28 5/25/10 6:26 PM
Todd - Hang in there and get better soon!

Wes and Carl McIntyre
rightrear (Offline)
  #29 5/25/10 9:21 PM
Hang in there Todd. We are praying for you
Dwayne (Offline)
  #30 5/27/10 3:03 PM
I copied these from the Microsprint website www.maximumdirt.com

The Kirkman family would like to thank the Miami Co. Speedway family for bringing the food to the hospital while we are waiting for Todd to get out of surgery. YOU ARE A CLASS ACT!!! Todd went into surgery about 11:30 and will be out of surgery in 2.5 to 3 hours. Thanks again for your support and prayers.

God Bless each one of you.
Charlie

Update on Todd. He is out of surgery and is in recovry. The Drs said everything when pretty good and he should be out of recovery in about an hour. They think he should recover just fine, and with your prayers I'm sure he will.

Charlie
3 Likes: KRJoyce1, Mud Packer, PJ Wright