IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
racefan20 (Offline)
  #121 6/15/12 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by monkeyboy:
It took how many people that long to notice my butchering of the english language. I feel my theory was proven. A few four lokos at the track and all my grammar goes out the window

Posted via Mobile Device
No monkeyboy most of us considered the source and decided it wasnt important enough to post about. If you noticed or were sober enough at the time the midget race was pretty darn good no matter what you thought about the quality of the surface.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: fish, monkeyboy
Pat O'Connor Fan (Offline)
  #122 6/15/12 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by reeserx:
Correct me if I'm wrong but when it's a USAC race, don't they have the say over track conditions? They tell the promoter to add more water or leave it alone?

Posted via Mobile Device
Is this a legitimate question, or is it just another of the "lets blame USAC for everything" posts? Just asking. Don't want to because I'm 70, off my meds, stuck in a crap hole (Illinois, #2 on the list of worst states) during Midget Week, and might

BTW: ANY night Brian Hayden wins a feature is a great night at the races !!
jjones776 (Offline)
  #123 6/15/12 11:50 AM
the midget main was better then i expected but still far from good. the sprint main was more like a rubber down sprint car demo derby. it got kind of exciting at the end but i don't consider that good racing when guys are just knocking each other out of the rubber to make a pass. pretty dirty! hopefully they have better luck with the track next week.
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #124 6/15/12 11:51 AM
Could be worse....could be winter with no racing to partake in at all.
8 Likes: Ch138, Danny Burton, duel, DWX 9929, fish, HARFprez, IndyBound, racefan20
dustbowl (Offline)
  #125 6/15/12 12:50 PM
The problems that all tracks have had this year are pretty simple really. Yeah they are watering the tracks, water isnt the real issue. The problem is not one single track in indiana, or Pennsylvania, are digging their tracks up and the surface is just hard. The water just sits on top and cant penetrate and blows off almost immediately.

Posted via Mobile Device
4 Likes: jjones776, koolaid89, PIT CART, spicoli
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #126 6/15/12 1:09 PM

Charles Nungester
racefan20 (Offline)
  #127 6/15/12 1:12 PM
we arent the only ones having track problems http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...t|IndyStar.com

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
sprinthead (Offline)
  #128 6/15/12 1:17 PM
Originally Posted by dustbowl:
The problems that all tracks have had this year are pretty simple really. Yeah they are watering the tracks, water isnt the real issue. The problem is not one single track in indiana, or Pennsylvania, are digging their tracks up and the surface is just hard. The water just sits on top and cant penetrate and blows off almost immediately.

Posted via Mobile Device

What about Kokomo?
reeserx (Offline)
  #129 6/15/12 1:54 PM
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan:
Is this a legitimate question, or is it just another of the "lets blame USAC for everything" posts? Just asking. Don't want to because I'm 70, off my meds, stuck in a crap hole (Illinois, #2 on the list of worst states) during Midget Week, and might

BTW: ANY night Brian Hayden wins a feature is a great night at the races !!
It was a question, I wasn't trying to blame USAC for everything, just asking a question

Posted via Mobile Device
racegal (Offline)
  #130 6/15/12 2:41 PM
Don't want to because I'm 70, off my meds, stuck in a crap hole (Illinois, #2 on the list of worst states) during Midget Week, and might

BTW: ANY night Brian Hayden wins a feature is a great night at the races !![/QUOTE]

What's #1?

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
Closed Thread