IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS Updates here tonight
6/15/12, 11:17 AM   #121
Re: LPS Updates here tonight
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
It took how many people that long to notice my butchering of the english language. I feel my theory was proven. A few four lokos at the track and all my grammar goes out the window

Posted via Mobile Device
No monkeyboy most of us considered the source and decided it wasnt important enough to post about. If you noticed or were sober enough at the time the midget race was pretty darn good no matter what you thought about the quality of the surface.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: fish, monkeyboy
6/15/12, 11:49 AM   #122
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but when it's a USAC race, don't they have the say over track conditions? They tell the promoter to add more water or leave it alone?

Posted via Mobile Device
Is this a legitimate question, or is it just another of the "lets blame USAC for everything" posts? Just asking. Don't want to because I'm 70, off my meds, stuck in a crap hole (Illinois, #2 on the list of worst states) during Midget Week, and might

BTW: ANY night Brian Hayden wins a feature is a great night at the races !!
Last edited by Pat O'Connor Fan; 6/15/12 at 12:01 PM. Reason: long-time Hayden fan giving kudos

1 member likes this post: fish
6/15/12, 11:50 AM   #123
jjones776

the midget main was better then i expected but still far from good. the sprint main was more like a rubber down sprint car demo derby. it got kind of exciting at the end but i don't consider that good racing when guys are just knocking each other out of the rubber to make a pass. pretty dirty! hopefully they have better luck with the track next week.

1 member likes this post: SteveD
6/15/12, 11:51 AM   #124
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Could be worse....could be winter with no racing to partake in at all.

8 members like this post: Ch138, Danny Burton, duel, DWX 9929, fish, HARFprez, IndyBound, racefan20
6/15/12, 12:50 PM   #125
dustbowl

The problems that all tracks have had this year are pretty simple really. Yeah they are watering the tracks, water isnt the real issue. The problem is not one single track in indiana, or Pennsylvania, are digging their tracks up and the surface is just hard. The water just sits on top and cant penetrate and blows off almost immediately.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: jjones776, koolaid89, PIT CART, spicoli
6/15/12, 1:09 PM   #126
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

6/15/12, 1:12 PM   #127
racefan20

we arent the only ones having track problems http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...t|IndyStar.com

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6/15/12, 1:17 PM   #128
sprinthead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbowl View Post
The problems that all tracks have had this year are pretty simple really. Yeah they are watering the tracks, water isnt the real issue. The problem is not one single track in indiana, or Pennsylvania, are digging their tracks up and the surface is just hard. The water just sits on top and cant penetrate and blows off almost immediately.

Posted via Mobile Device

What about Kokomo?

1 member likes this post: Tumey's 55
6/15/12, 1:54 PM   #129
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
Is this a legitimate question, or is it just another of the "lets blame USAC for everything" posts? Just asking. Don't want to because I'm 70, off my meds, stuck in a crap hole (Illinois, #2 on the list of worst states) during Midget Week, and might

BTW: ANY night Brian Hayden wins a feature is a great night at the races !!
It was a question, I wasn't trying to blame USAC for everything, just asking a question

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
6/15/12, 2:41 PM   #130
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Don't want to because I'm 70, off my meds, stuck in a crap hole (Illinois, #2 on the list of worst states) during Midget Week, and might

BTW: ANY night Brian Hayden wins a feature is a great night at the races !![/QUOTE]

What's #1?

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS Updates here tonight