IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Great job by Volusia, Bubba Raceway and USAC
2/17/23, 12:21 PM   #1
Great job by Volusia, Bubba Raceway and USAC
openwheelfan1

I know bashing USAC and the racetracks is a great past time, but I have to give Volusia Speedway Park, Bubba Raceway Park and USAC credit thus far this week. The shows have been very efficient and well run. Monday night at Volusia it got pretty cool pretty quickly after the sunset, and USAC and Volusia had the sprint feature done by 9:15 PM Eastern, and I think the LM feature was complete about 9:50 PM. We left Volusia Tuesday night after the sprint feature at 9:45 PM, and last night at Bubba Raceway the features were complete and the podium interviews done by about 9:40 PM. Volusia started engine heat at about 5:30 and then went in to hot laps, while Bubba Raceway started engine heat at 6:00, but in all cases, no one drug their feet and cars were moving in to position as soon as the previous ones left the racetrack. Good job by all!

2/17/23, 12:56 PM   #2
snowdrift

Good show at Bubba last night very little track prep during the show track was great all night .Little hole going in to one but it was fun watching guys go low or high to miss it or go thought it Had a bunch of push trucks

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, openwheelfan1, Pancho Stapp
2/17/23, 1:14 PM   #3
Re: Great job by Volusia, Bubba Raceway and USAC
BrentTFunk

I have been impressed that Volusia after so many nights in a row, can keep the track alive. Yes the fender cars can slick it off, but that is the way they like it. Good track last night at Ocala.

3 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, openwheelfan1, PIT CART
2/17/23, 3:25 PM   #4
NoDramazone2020

Good racing so far...Lets hope they can fix the microphone issue.

2/17/23, 4:11 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

Having used wireless microphones before, they don't always work everywhere.

1 member likes this post: Ken Bonnema
2/17/23, 5:04 PM   #6
Pancho Stapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdrift View Post
Good show at Bubba last night very little track prep during the show track was great all night .Little hole going in to one but it was fun watching guys go low or high to miss it or go thought it Had a bunch of push trucks
Reminded me of the dip/hole going into turn 1 at Eldora i used to see. Spent time over there during the late 80’s early 90’s when Tray and Cary House were racing there. My pops and I worked with Kermit and Cary at Westinghouse. Those were some good times. A track with character is cool, i hate late model tracks. Dry slick from top to bottom. They can have it.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, snowdrift
2/17/23, 5:17 PM   #7
Pancho Stapp

Cary was in the Frampton #95 and Tray was doing his thing with Murphys IGA Supermarket ride out of Chesterfield back then. First time i met Pup and Jon Stanbrough back in the day.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Hustlin-Hoosier, snowdrift
2/18/23, 9:48 AM   #8
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Having used wireless microphones before, they don't always work everywhere.
Is that what cost you a Grammy, Brent?

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider, racenut69
2/18/23, 4:53 PM   #9
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Is that what cost you a Grammy, Brent?
Gave up on wireless before I was nominated lol. Worked for a couple of sound engineers that had venues where they wouldn't work.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Stevensville Mike
2/18/23, 6:13 PM   #10
flagboy55

I think the racing series need to contact the WWE. Their wireless mic’s work all the time and take a lot of abuse as well 😆

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Great job by Volusia, Bubba Raceway and USAC