racefan20 (Offline)
  #11 12/8/22 1:22 PM
Guess I missed the 2 day show at Macon, that could be interesting

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
5 Likes: fish, flagboy55, oppweld, racenut69, WinglessLovers
erich45 (Offline)
  #12 12/8/22 1:24 PM
Damn, I'm so old I remember when USAC wouldn't run sprint cars on any track less than a half mile.
6 Likes: bighd0522, flagboy55, Hubie48, racefan20, tamati, Will Shunk
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #13 12/8/22 3:28 PM
I didn't notice that the Perris Oval Nationals wasn't on the schedule.

Wow, that's sad.

Charles Nungester
oppweld (Offline)
  #14 12/8/22 3:37 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I didn't notice that the Perris Oval Nationals wasn't on the schedule.

Wow, that's sad.
Whats sad is the lack of fan support that killed it!
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Danny Burton, flagboy55, WinglessLovers
SOROKACH35FAN (Offline)
  #15 12/8/22 4:31 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
Interesting... Kutztown "Action Track" is a new one for USAC Sprints, i think, but its "show up points" only & not considered part of Eastern Storm. I saw USAC Midgets there a couple of years ago & it was great.... teeny track, usually run micro sprints.
Not sure if they've ever run 410s... should be hellacious!
They lengthened the track last winter, or one before. They also have a 410 show called The In- posse-able. 305's and 360's seem to do better than the 410's. I'm lookin forward to it. Need more wingless in the east!
3 Likes: fish, nathans1012, oppweld
revjimk (Offline)
  #16 12/8/22 5:07 PM
Originally Posted by SOROKACH35FAN:
They lengthened the track last winter, or one before. They also have a 410 show called The In- posse-able. 305's and 360's seem to do better than the 410's. I'm lookin forward to it. Need more wingless in the east!
Sounds good.... how big is it now?
  #17 12/8/22 5:12 PM
Watched one of the USAC east coast races, In one heat, I think it was Danner, Started sixth, Got up to second, Backed it in and the car stood and pirouetted on it's rear nerf and stalled. He restarted eighth and came back to second or won. can't remember. Action track USA USAC 360 east coast.

Charles Nungester
revjimk (Offline)
  #18 12/8/22 5:12 PM
Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp:
Montpelier would be cool for me thats a 18 mile drive from the house
Good ole Funk took me there a few years back on Midget Week.....Chris Bell & Larson battling it out...full moon, ton'o fun!
His Funkiness insisted on sitting bottom row, turn 4.... I sat on the top row & was still dodging baseball size mud clods, couldn't stop laughing
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, Pancho Stapp, Will Shunk
  #19 12/8/22 5:14 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
Good ole Funk took me there a few years back on Midget Week.....Chris Bell & Larson battling it out...full moon, ton'o fun!
His Funkiness insisted on sitting bottom row, turn 4.... I sat on the top row & was still dodging baseball size mud clods, couldn't stop laughing
Me too. I was second from top and clods the size of your head were coming at us all feature. Found pit stands best since then.

Charles Nungester
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #20 12/8/22 6:01 PM
Good schedule! Hopefully things get squared away in Terre Haute to fill in those TBA’s. Happy to see Knoxville and Macon should be interesting if not wild as hell.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, jdull99, oppweld