IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprintweek camping advise
6/21/23, 7:19 AM   #1
Sprintweek camping advise
kb78

As I have stated before, we went out and bought a truck and travel trailer and the main reason was so I could try to endure Sprintweek. I am so excited to follow and to get to some tracks that I have never been. With that said, I am looking for information on whether or not I can stay at the tracks. I have been to Winchester, Gas City, Lawrenceburg and Kokomo before and I have seen where to camp at those tracks.
I have been to Lincoln Park, but I did not pay attention, is there a place to set up a camper there?
I have also been to Terre Haute and I know they have the room but are you allowd to camp there overnight?
It's been 30 years since I have been to Bloomington and I have never been to Circle City or Tri-State so I will take all of the advise I can get.

I would have no problem calling these tracks but many times the phones are not manned during the week so I thought I would start on here.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/21/23, 7:38 AM   #2
reeserx

Lincoln parks main campground is up the hill but fills up early, for midget week, I camped in the parking lot next to the pits.

6/21/23, 8:54 AM   #3
Re: Sprintweek camping advise
Offroadrace_814

I have camped at Terre Haute pre Covid.

https://www.vigofair.com/plan-your-v...d-information/

6/21/23, 9:08 AM   #4
Moreland76

We have always camped at Putnamville by the pits also, we park there on Wednesday and just drive over to terre haute. If you need a place to dump , you can stop at McCormick’s creek state park and do that on the way to b-town. Due my factory closing after 31 years, my brother and I will not be camping this year. Everyone safe travels and hopefully I can at least make a few of the shows.
Last edited by Moreland76; 6/23/23 at 7:13 AM.

6/21/23, 10:05 AM   #5
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreland76 View Post
We have always camped at Putnamville by the pits also, we park there on Wednesday and just drive over to terre haute. If you need a place to dump , you can stop at McCormick’s creek state park and do that on the way to b-town. Due my factory closing after 31 years, my brother and I will not be camping this year. Everyone safe travels and hopefully I can at least make a few of travels.
I'd check about dumping at McCormicks Creek, the park was severely damaged by a tornado this spring and I think the park may be closed for repairs.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: Leohr46, tirespinner
6/21/23, 10:16 AM   #6
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I'd check about dumping at McCormicks Creek, the park was severely damaged by a tornado this spring and I think the park may be closed for repairs.
No access to campground or any camping facilities.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
6/21/23, 11:38 AM   #7
Moreland76

Scratch that and lieber state rec area is close to p-ville or even one of the Monroe areas around b-town as possible dump and refills.

6/21/23, 1:22 PM   #8
Daisy's dad

I have attended both weeks of ISW 8 times over the past 10 years and camped in my RV. As recently as last year, here are my observations. All of the tracks on the schedule permit camping. Terre Haute charges, if you can find them in the office or they can find you. I believe they are $25 for dry camping and $50 with hookups. Circle City also charges for camping with hookups, although they do have a smaller area at no charge, with no amenities. Lawrenceburg also has limited hookups at no charge, but they are in short supply so go fast. As already mentioned by another poster, Lincoln Park has 2 camping areas. The upper on fills up fast, so if you arrive on race day, you may be out of luck. There is another camping area on the lower level across from the pit area, but it is difficult finding a level spot down there. The best bet for anyone who has a tow vehicle or a tow-behind is to set up at LPS a day or two early and then take your driver to Terre Haute and back. There are no issues that come to mind with any of the other track camping, although Kokomo seems to be getting closer to being maxed out each time that I go there. I am not aware of dump stations at any of the tracks, at least any that are available to campers.

Hope this helps. Good luck, and have fun. I will likely pass on ISW this year and watch it on Floracing. The 4 1/2 day 1800 mile trip each way is not as much fun as it used to be, and there are just too many angry drivers on the road these days.
Last edited by Daisy's dad; 6/21/23 at 1:25 PM.

3 members like this post: Moreland76, PIT CART, tirespinner
6/21/23, 3:19 PM   #9
Aurora78

Was there last month for USAC 2 day show and they do charge hook ups or not.

6/21/23, 5:00 PM   #10
EldoraMark

Flying J truck stop south side has dump station there. Used it several times but might be a pain to get to with all the constructio. Down load apps for Rv dump. They are very helpfull.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprintweek camping advise