IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Buckeye Showdown at Waynesfield
7/19/14, 11:36 PM   #51
Midget18

Westfall, k. Simon, moffit, liguori, k. Swanson top 5

7/20/14, 12:45 AM   #52
larsonfan
Banned

Just got home. Covered in dirt, tired as hell, hungry, broke, ears ringing.....which means it was a great night at the races!! Great run Matt Westfall. Made the top work. Great crowd, great field. Well-ran show.

Awesome night at "The Field". Missed ya Charles!

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, MWestfallfan54
7/20/14, 1:10 AM   #53
WRP DK

Also a point of interest.... We decided to start 24 cars in the A tonight since the count was so high. Thanks everyone for coming.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, JazzTrombonist
7/20/14, 1:35 AM   #54
larsonfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRP DK View Post
Also a point of interest.... We decided to start 24 cars in the A tonight since the count was so high. Thanks everyone for coming.
Please tell me someone got a picture of the car with corn stalks stuck to the front after a detour through the corn field in 1 & 2! That was awesome!

Well done WRP and BOSS, as always!

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, JazzTrombonist
7/20/14, 2:39 AM   #55
Re: BOSS Buckeye Showdown at Waynesfield
Sprintcarfanatic

I don't know who ran the 22s but it did not go very far forward in the b-main that it was in. Heard Hewitt went after Hupp (I believe). After he ran Hewitt hard down the backstretch & had the line going into 3. Hewitt ran way up in 3 & 4 & the Marshall Motorsports car got the transfer.

Some good cars didn't make the show.
Last edited by Sprintcarfanatic; 7/20/14 at 9:42 AM.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, MWestfallfan54
7/20/14, 7:12 AM   #56
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Got no problem with opinions, As far as I know only one track and one NW org qualifies now and the track is just for heat race starting position. The features are lined up by finishing order of their heats.

Personally I love single car qualifying but could care less for group, especially if its part of hotlaps. Still a little fairer for teams. Gotta figure about a minute and a half per car qualifying so............... Almost every sprintweek show started late.

All I meant by the OMG and complaints is offer a solution.

Top twelve in a 8 lap dash and I'd line em up 1-6 heat winners 7-12 heat second places. In that format Dustin would have started 3rd in the dash and started based on finishing position of the dash, still no worse than 12th

While its going to take some time to do. It actually adds to shows where you only have two or three heats and no consi. More racin' Give the fans what they paid for and the racers the ability to decide their own starting spot.

Chuck
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/20/14 at 8:35 AM.

3 members like this post: dkdorkboy, larsonfan, rachasin
7/20/14, 9:46 AM   #57
Sprintcarfanatic

After going back & looking at the transfers in the heat. It would have been Beau Stewart in heat 4.

7/20/14, 11:18 AM   #58
Newport13

Race Count This Year: 2

Congrats Matt Westfall! Heck of a good show!

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, larsonfan, MWestfallfan54
7/20/14, 12:04 PM   #59
sprinter14

I will address the issue here guys. 53 race cars. There is no "perfect format". Single car qualifying is a joke if you want to draw new fans in to the sport and keep their attention.

The BOSS series is a blue collar series who uses the "draw/redraw" format to keep everyone competitive and give them a fighting chance. Every team, regardless of budget has the hope of drawing a good starting spot (maybe even in a weak heat race) and making the field in a 53 car field.

There are times I would prefer to start 8th in a weak heat than to start 3rd in a tough heat. Over time, all starting spots even out.

IF ....... IF we ever went to time trials, you can bet your butt that we would invert no less than 6 cars in a heat.

As for the heat winner starting 12th ............ HE STARTED ON THE POLE OF HIS HEAT!!

Good lord, should a race be handed to someone on a silver platter? Drivers who made the redraw had heat starting positions of: 3-4-6-1-5-1-1-8-4-6-2-5

Now are you really going to tell me the guys who blasted from 6th and 8th starting positions to run top 2 in their heat DO NOT DESERVE A CHANCE AT A FRONT ROW SPOT?

A little FYI for everyone: Most organizations limit their shows to 4 or 5 heats. I was at a winged race with 15 car heats back in June. ***???

Last night, we divided cars into 6 heats to make it possible from the back. We also increased heats from 8 laps to 10. WRP stepped up and started 24 cars and let us take top 2 out of 3 B-Mains. 3 B-Mains???? How many times do you see that???????? 12 lap B's too. If you were fast, you could get there. We made it possible!

Trust me guys, I've done this from all angles (driver, owner, fan, race promoter, series promoter). With 53 cars using a draw redraw, what happened last night was as "FAIR" as it gets.

7/20/14, 12:06 PM   #60
sprinter14

The BOSS series is taking a serious look at these high car counts. We are going to attempt to get that under control with more strategic scheduling. There is such a thing as "too many cars" and that happened to us again last night.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Buckeye Showdown at Waynesfield