IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hawkers Tulsa Dining Recommendations
1/14/08, 6:23 PM   #1
Hawkers Tulsa Dining Recommendations
Dwight Shelton

Thanks Hawker for the dining suggestions on here prior to the Chili Bowl.
My group stumbled onto your place for Asian by accident and had a great lunch at Viet Huong. Not elegant surroundings, but excellent food! Price was very moderate.The place is full of local Asians, a sure sign that good food awaits.I love to experiment and ordered something from the menu that I had no idea what it was and was delighted with my combination of shrimp, beef and pork pieces with broccoli,bok choy, onions, minature corn, carrots in a tasty sauce.My buddies were likewise pleased, will go back next year.
Also hit the White River Fish Market for seafood. Real Good as well.Will return next year.
On what we thought was a downer however was a breakfast at Tallys. Had the huge omelet with lots of ingredients and hash browns. Mediocre at best.Place crowded, coffee good but food lacked! I don't think Tallys was on Hawkers list.
Did others try places suggested by Hawker?

1/14/08, 8:13 PM   #2
Re: Hawkers Tulsa Dining Recommendations
Hawker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Shelton View Post
Thanks Hawker for the dining suggestions on here prior to the Chili Bowl.
My group stumbled onto your place for Asian by accident and had a great lunch at Viet Huong. Not elegant surroundings, but excellent food! Price was very moderate.The place is full of local Asians, a sure sign that good food awaits.I love to experiment and ordered something from the menu that I had no idea what it was and was delighted with my combination of shrimp, beef and pork pieces with broccoli,bok choy, onions, minature corn, carrots in a tasty sauce.My buddies were likewise pleased, will go back next year.
Also hit the White River Fish Market for seafood. Real Good as well.Will return next year.
On what we thought was a downer however was a breakfast at Tallys. Had the huge omelet with lots of ingredients and hash browns. Mediocre at best.Place crowded, coffee good but food lacked! I don't think Tallys was on Hawkers list.
Did others try places suggested by Hawker?
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Viet Huong is the one place that I HAVE to visit every time I go to T-town. I should have mentioned that they have a menu that is a polaroid photo album for the vietnemese dishes:applaud:.

No, Tally's was not on my list. It was Ok when I used to drink.......:loser: My suggestion was Cottons for breakfast, but when we went there after the races, it was closed, which shocked me because it had been in business for well over 50 years.

1/14/08, 8:56 PM   #3
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Viet Huong is the one place that I HAVE to visit every time I go to T-town. I should have mentioned that they have a menu that is a polaroid photo album for the vietnemese dishes:applaud:.

No, Tally's was not on my list. It was Ok when I used to drink.......:loser: My suggestion was Cottons for breakfast, but when we went there after the races, it was closed, which shocked me because it had been in business for well over 50 years.
Uggg,maybe if some of you people had served of there and saw what went on you would have a different view of things.Nuff said I better say no more.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1/14/08, 9:49 PM   #4
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

I heard the dog & cat there are very good! :kookoo2:

1/15/08, 1:12 PM   #5
petey

Ike's Chili House was awesome! Celebrating their 100th year in business this year. Had a nice get together there with some fellow race fans/friends Fri. It was the only new place I tried this year.

I of course hit Tally's for breakfast a couple of times as well as one of the Village Inn's. Did find Cotton's on Admiral Place which can be easily ovelooked amongst the other businesses surrounding it.

1/15/08, 8:42 PM   #6
buck2

Try Jimmy's Egg on 51st for breakfast. Great place to eat...funny name

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hawkers Tulsa Dining Recommendations