IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Sessions
1/12/08, 7:06 PM   #1
Tony Sessions
Jerry Spencer

:checkered:Hey Tony why dont you introduce yourself? are you realated to anybody that races or raced, what are your plans for 2008, family things like that. Most everybody on the board knows each other but you being new to the board stand up and introduce yourself. :checkered:

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

1/12/08, 8:04 PM   #2
Re: Tony Sessions
Onlydirt

Tony is a great guy! He races sprint cars and the first sprint car I drove was his. Thanks again!!!!! It was amazing to see what it is really like.

Take it from there Tony....

1/12/08, 8:13 PM   #3
Jerry Spencer

Ty was you part of catching the punks this morning breaking into cars in my neighborhood? To bad we can't cut there arms off instead of taking them to Kinsey.

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

1/12/08, 8:48 PM   #4
Onlydirt

no, i dont work till 2pm. however if any of your neighbors come up with stuff missing we still have stuff we could find the owners to. Wish i would have been part of it, I have been a victim myself of the same type of crap at my own house. We got 3 of them if you hear or see anything else just call the police so we can stay on top of it. We dont know until you call us most of the time, since we have more fireman than police officers in this town.

1/13/08, 2:05 AM   #5
tony sessions 17

first off thanks for asking jerry, i am tony sessions who is running the family owned #17 sprint car at gas city and kokomo. i am related to the late sam sessions who raced sprints, midgets, and indy car. my hopes is to get enough sponsor money together for 08 to run all season. i have met alot of super, helpful people in the last couple years and i feel you are all a god send. looking forward to seeing everyone in 08. i would like to ad that sam passed when i was only 5, so i didnt get a chance to meet him, but i have heard alot about him. i can only hope that i could be half the person he was on and off the race track. thanks to all who have given me stories of sam and the kind words you have spoken of him.

1/13/08, 9:52 AM   #6
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony sessions 17 View Post
first off thanks for asking jerry, i am tony sessions who is running the family owned #17 sprint car at gas city and kokomo. i am related to the late sam sessions who raced sprints, midgets, and indy car. my hopes is to get enough sponsor money together for 08 to run all season. i have met alot of super, helpful people in the last couple years and i feel you are all a god send. looking forward to seeing everyone in 08. i would like to ad that sam passed when i was only 5, so i didnt get a chance to meet him, but i have heard alot about him. i can only hope that i could be half the person he was on and off the race track. thanks to all who have given me stories of sam and the kind words you have spoken of him.
Since you were only 5 when Sam passed away, I will over look the fact that you did not realize Sam also drove Supermodifieds. Many mid-westerns would make the long tow to Oswego, N. Y. to race their supers, Sam was joined by Nolan an Gordon Johncock, Wayne Landon, Art Bennett and Johnny Benson Sr. to name just a few.

Patti

1/13/08, 10:41 AM   #7
grinch

Hi Patti....................:checkered:

1/13/08, 12:10 PM   #8
RacinFool

Tony,
Check out www.jakessite.com There are some old Oswego pix there as well as links to other supermodified sites . The "Little tiger' in the Bingo151 was one of the best!:thumb:

1/13/08, 1:06 PM   #9
suziekh

Tony,
I am the daughter of Bobby Grim, who raced with Sammy and was a very good friend. When my dad crashed very badly at Cinci and was hurt very severely, Sammy came up in the stands and got my mom and I and put us in the back of a pickup truck to get to the accident, and then took me all the way home to Indy to get clothes for my mom and I and then drove me back to the hospital. What a guy he was! Sorry you didn't get to know him.....he was the best.

1/13/08, 3:34 PM   #10
tony sessions 17

patti, you are right i forgot to mention that, he was very succesfull in the super mods and was also very good on snowmobiles
:thumb:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Sessions