IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
8/12/08, 6:30 PM   #251
Re: UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
Slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCormick View Post
The promoter is not in charge of safety issue of his OWN track, whether he's leasing or an owner? That's just about the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. Considering who posted it and what the topic is does not surprise me in the least.
Mike -

Why guys like you go down the path of personal attacks instead of staying on topic is beyond comprehension. Honestly, it’s not necessary - nor is it a adult manner of communication. Defending your side of a disagreement is one thing, but taking it to the personal attack level is simply childish. Stay on track, state your positioning as an adult. Personal attacks aren’t necessary, nor needed.

As already factually stated -

“Kevin Miller nor USAC inspected Union County Speedway before the day of the race.” * This is FACT *

Now then, state your positioning in a adult manner, with facts, and facts only, thus disputing what has been said repeatedly.

PS. Don, be nice !!!!!!!

8/12/08, 7:37 PM   #252
Mike McCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Doesn't matter what you think. Mr. Miller said from the beginning that USAC xxxxed up. When did you ever see a promoter inspecting race cars? NOT HIS JOB and neither are the other issues. You learn that in PROMOTING EVENTS 101.
Don, the cars are USAC's responsibility, the track is the promoter's responsibility. As Rob stated, your credibility is the least of anyone here concerning your "opinion" against USAC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Mike -

Why guys like you go down the path of personal attacks instead of staying on topic is beyond comprehension. Honestly, it’s not necessary - nor is it a adult manner of communication. Defending your side of a disagreement is one thing, but taking it to the personal attack level is simply childish. Stay on track, state your positioning as an adult. Personal attacks aren’t necessary, nor needed.

As already factually stated -

“Kevin Miller nor USAC inspected Union County Speedway before the day of the race.” * This is FACT *

Now then, state your positioning in a adult manner, with facts, and facts only, thus disputing what has been said repeatedly.

PS. Don, be nice !!!!!!!
You mean like the personal insults that have been hurled at me in this thread and the live updates thread? But I digress...

USAC did inspect this facility. Greg Staab inspected it WHEN HE WAS EMPLOYED BY USAC. Now Greg is respected by a lot of people around here but now all of the sudden his inspection isn't good enough? What is difficult for you to understand about the fact that the track didn't fix the issues. TRACK PREP IS NOT USAC'S RESPONSIBILITY.

Regarding your little "facts" line, you like to spew, you should take your own advice. Instead of chastising me for calling a spade, a spade, maybe you should have been at the track and saw first hand what abhorrent treatment we got from Tony Barhorst.

8/12/08, 7:53 PM   #253
D.O.

Tony's events and USAC never had safety issues before.
MCS hadn't delt with Tony & USAC for a while.
It was ****** up. Lots of fingers wagged BUT !

They all talked on Monday prior to our show and on the show.
Listen to it.

Horse is dead !

I would expect by next Monday USAC have something to say.

What & Where is USAC's Fire & Safety department Duties ?

What kind of safety inspection forum do they use ?

Doesn't Insurance carriers for tracks and USAC have inspections?
MCS isn't an active USAC track, so I would think things get double checked.

How does this effect active USAC tracks?

Everybody wants this fixed so it doesn't happen again.

Maybe something good will come out of it.
New events?

:dologob:

8/12/08, 8:06 PM   #254
Tony Barhorst

D.O,

The track was inspected by the race tracks carrier.... Allied...and approved....They race thetre every week...They have had numerous open wheel races the last two years.

THIS IS IN NO WAY GREG STAABS FAULT, PERIOD...

BUT....28 TEAMS WERE TREATED WELL...THEY CAME, THEY STAYED, WE RACED

WE RACED SAFELY ALSO....

Mike...personal message me the team you are with. Who knows who this Mike M is with?

YOU GUYS LEFT BEFORE IT STARTED...HOW CAN YOU COMMENT ON TREATMENT?

8/12/08, 8:11 PM   #255
Tony Barhorst

This is in no way greg staabs fault, period...i can't say that enough

8/12/08, 8:12 PM   #256
D.O.

ABout Greg in this.

Yes Greg worked for USAC and had a part in looking at the track.
Greg was asked to do the track by Tony but had a job with a team.

Should of Greg looked at the track before he was out? Sure why not.

Greg is out in June, still helps a while after.

USAC's Eric Bunn became the F&S Director in May or so.

I would think they would of overlapped at USAC.

F&S i would think should inhert Saftey issues and insurance.

Greg probally wishes he might of stopped by on one of his Cincy rolls.
I do know that everybody hates that this happened.

I'm sure USAC trust and performance of Tony's past events, assumed everything would be fixed as Tony did.
Tony's trust, at the track would fix the list of concerns prior to the event.

:dologob:

8/12/08, 8:23 PM   #257
Mike McCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
D.O,

The track was inspected by the race tracks carrier.... Allied...and approved....They race thetre every week...They have had numerous open wheel races the last two years.

THIS IS IN NO WAY GREG STAABS FAULT, PERIOD...

BUT....28 TEAMS WERE TREATED WELL...THEY CAME, THEY STAYED, WE RACED

WE RACED SAFELY ALSO....

Mike...personal message me the team you are with. Who knows who this Mike M is with?

YOU GUYS LEFT BEFORE IT STARTED...HOW CAN YOU COMMENT ON TREATMENT?
Why do you want to know who I'm with, Tony? So you can write another press release bashing the teams that did leave to specifically mention my name and team? No thanks. I don't need to subject my guys or sponsors to that kind of treatment but if you'd like to continue down this path, you can find out easily enough who I am by asking around. You'll have to ask because I damn sure won't be at another Barhorst promoted race.

You say 28 teams stayed. Out of a total of more than 70. Doesn't sound like you would have had the votes you say you would have, if everyone was allowed to votes.

You say you raced safely, I say you got lucky. Just because you got through one night with 14 cars on the track, at the most, doesn't mean you would have got through the night with 24 cars on the track.

Save the rhetoric, Tony. You've already pulled the wool over about 90% of the fans on here, you obviously don't care about the other 10%.

8/12/08, 8:34 PM   #258
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

D,O. your show pretty much cleared up a bunch of the finger pointing. Kevin took full responsibility. Tony and Kevin addmitted they didn't confirm the suggested changes by Greg had been made and a personal contact with either one of them would clear up, or at least give you a understanding.

They both apologized to the other competitors and the fans and addmit it was handled wrong, people left in the dark ect and that steps are being taken and should have been taken to prevent it from happening in the first place.

About the only remaining issue I have and I don't have a dog in the hunt is that a handful decided for everybody and all should have been included. If they still felt it wasn't worth their risk. I respect that. I've been told that issue is being worked on as well for a procedure that is fair and more complete and I respect that also

Chuck

8/12/08, 8:34 PM   #259
Tony Barhorst

Mike...Once the ELITE top 11 teams agreed...to leave..it was not a points race...Many left for that reason...The teams and fans that stayed, had a great time. I had more than racing that night...A good, safe time was had by all that stayed.

Why didn't you volunteer to represent the drivers in explaining why they were leaving on the P.A? No one else had the nerve...they just drove away.

WHILE WE RACED, AND RACED HARD

8/12/08, 9:20 PM   #260
Eagle14

Just as a SIDE NOTE... MIDGET WEEKS OVER.... THE RACE IS ALMOST A WEEK IN THE PAST.... LET IT BE.. THE HORSE HAS BEEN KICKED.... YOUR BOWLS OF COCO PUFFS ARE OVERFLOWING WITH TEARS.... sheeeeesh:headbang

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UNION COUNTY - Midget Week