IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #21 4/23/24 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
PJ , you’re correct. But at least it would provide the illusion that they care about our plans.
That's just the thing 55, I think they do care. I don't believe they like the uncertainty any more than we do. Maybe I'm naive and wrong, that's certainly familiar territory for me, but I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, captrat, EBookerFan, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, jdull99, Jerry Shaw, LUCKYONE, Will Shunk
Nate (Offline)
  #22 4/23/24 11:18 AM
This same thing happened years ago when the ISW schedule was released with a "TBA" listed as the first round. Then a month before ISW they finally announced the round would be at Plymouth. But like I posted then, it makes quite the inconvenience for people traveling in from out of state or even out of country.

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #23 4/23/24 11:21 AM
No one wants to believe more than me in USAC. I do believe that they do care. Just a head scratcher that they don’t throw us a bone as far as some sort of update. Obviously many folks are concerned.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy, Indy1808, PJ Wright
DJlives (Offline)
  #24 4/23/24 11:37 AM
What could USAC say that we already don't know at this point? They can't speak for the ownership. It is just like the BC39 until IMS greenlights the time and date nothing is official. I"m guessing USAC has a drop dead date...but it isn't going to be April 23
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, duel, Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #25 4/23/24 12:51 PM
Popcorn Emoji plz.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
3 Likes: flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, Rpracing1
jdull99 (Offline)
  #26 4/23/24 6:19 PM
I would think that having it on the schedule says something? If it gets removed, everyone will understand.

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, duel, mlamb
oppweld (Offline)
  #27 4/23/24 8:05 PM
I consulted an expert (Magic 8 Ball). "Will Gas City run this year?" Not likely. My guess they will fill the holes with Double shows at Lps and or Kokomo.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #28 4/23/24 9:46 PM
Why doesn't someone call see what the "Peeps" in the know have to say?

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
2 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld
Hustlin-Hoosier (Offline)
  #29 4/24/24 9:11 AM
Originally Posted by dirtfan:
popcorn emoji plz.
2 Likes: Dirtfan, RacingFan52
Speedmax3 (Offline)
  #30 4/24/24 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by DJlives:
What could USAC say that we already don't know at this point? They can't speak for the ownership. It is just like the BC39 until IMS greenlights the time and date nothing is official. I"m guessing USAC has a drop dead date...but it isn't going to be April 23
I think you have summed up the situation here. IT'S UP TO THE OWNER. I think USAC has left it on the schedule hoping that someone would be picking up the promotion at Gas City. There was a couple of interested parties who negotiated with the owner in earnest but were not provided with the agreed to contract. There was talk of someone just promoting the USAC races but the last word on that was he not interested in that and he wanted to sell it. the latest price tag I've heard is 2 million. A lot of money to invest for a race track but maybe not for a business where there is a lot of development going on around it.