IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winning by Judgement
3/31/09, 10:27 PM   #61
Re: Winning by Judgement
Motormasher

I really get a kick out of some of you people that have obviously never raced before but I am going to tell you what it feels like to have it happen to you from EXPERIENCE!

Bobby Stines was running 3rd and through a "slide job" on 2nd place John Memmer and cleared John but drove right over the hood of my car as I was leading the race on the high side in turn 4 for :checkered: in a heat race. Memmer won, Stines ended up 2nd and 4th place Wessmiller passed me too for 3rd. Needless to say they only took 3 to the feature and I had to run the B-main (in which I turned over) so I went home tore up.

Now you tell me what a fight (drivers taking care of drivers) would have accomplished? Sure it was a "racing thing" but what was fair about rewarding Bobby with a feature position for taking another competitor out to do it? MSCS did nothing so YES it will happen again just like Hunter did to Bland.

But if they had penalized Bobby or Hunter they wouldn't do it again.

So in conclusion, since nobody thinks we should control wreckless driving we are now a high speed, high $$$$ demolition derby instead of racing. I guess we should start putting spiked hubcaps on our wheels and what ever other defensive mechanisms we can think of on our cars.

3/31/09, 11:09 PM   #62
Joltin Joe

personal i like the Loyet Family, Both Joe and Brad are nice people. As a driver myself, i know we can get a bit greedy on passing a fellow racer and some time we make holes were there wasnt any room. IT HAPPENS.

Like my grandfather Ralphie the Racer always says," lets take the roll cages off and see how big your Balls really are."
Last edited by Joltin Joe; 3/31/09 at 11:14 PM.

4/1/09, 12:17 AM   #63
sprintcarfan

i was at the Indiana Ice Breaker at Brownstown and seen several times throughout the night people get their spots back. it got very old very fast. if Mr. X would make a mistake and the Mr. Y behind them accidentally got into him and passes Mr. X then Mr. X was still awarded his spot back for making his own mistake. i read all the posts and i still hate to see drivers get their spots back unless it can be proven without a doubt that it was intentional. slide jobs are just a part of dirt track racing and if its that big of a problem then why doesnt the driver getting past pull low and pass him right back? ive seen that done numerous times at about every race.

4/1/09, 12:04 PM   #64
AFR37X

:sleep: All this talk about the drivers. How about someone talk about the old pontiac. :applaud: 20 year old engine! o and yes it is a 166. Thank's AJ

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winning by Judgement