IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
wcbrock02 (Offline)
  #1 8/22/16 11:26 AM
This is for the ones coming from INDY area to Kokomo on Wednesday 8/24.

*US 31 TRAFFIC ADVISORY*
For Wednesday, Aug. 24, 2016.

INDOT is advising that on 8/24 traffic will be delayed on US 31 due to the construction of the new intersection at State Road 28. Currently the expected travel delay is 20 minutes, however that can change at a moment's notice. Please plan ahead and start your commute early or seek an alternate route to your destination.
10 Likes: backstretchdave, Colin25, dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, Nate, racegal, Racer_dude35, SPRINTCAR, tirespinner
backstretchdave (Offline)
  #2 8/22/16 7:46 PM
Also, just FYI... Kokomo &Howard Co. finest will be conducting "Sobriety Saturation Check Points" pretty much all week & weekend! Just be Smart, Don't Drink & Drive!!
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #3 8/22/16 9:08 PM
With the big crowds expected there are some additional parking options for this week. Kokomo Grain has allowed the track to use the big building on the south side of the track. There will be EMA officers helping park inside the building. On Wednesday, if this area fills up there is a lot down the road to the south betwween Ray's Drive In and Martino's available for parking. This will have a shuttle that will run from the lot to the track from Noon until midnight if needed. Try parking at the track first, and enter the building near the backstretch entrance. You will exit to the south onto Morgan, and turn left to get back to 931.The shuttle lot will only be used when all others are full.
4 Likes: backstretchdave, fish, Hot Rod K., tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #4 8/23/16 6:01 PM
if anyone has any questions about parking, feel free to PM me. I will check the messages early on Wednesday morning.
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #5 8/23/16 10:41 PM
Also, Washington Street is down from 4 to 2 lanes around the downtown Kokomo area due to curb replacement. Lots of orange cones.

Frank Daigh
flatout (Offline)
  #6 8/24/16 6:29 AM
Looking at coming up for my first trip to Kokomo. Any recommendations for how to get there from Cincinnati?
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #7 8/24/16 7:01 AM
Originally Posted by flatout:
Looking at coming up for my first trip to Kokomo. Any recommendations for how to get there from Cincinnati?
I 74 to 465 north. Then take north Keystone Parkway, it will merge with US 31 north. Take 31 north to to state road 931 to the north side of town to Morgan ST. It will be the light after you pass Menards. Turn left on Morgan go to the third light (Davis Road). Turn right on Davis, track is down the road on the left.
flatout (Offline)
  #8 8/24/16 8:28 AM
Thank you! Going to keep an eye on the weather, looks a bit dicey for a 3 hr drive
PushEm (Offline)
  #9 8/24/16 8:49 AM
Originally Posted by flatout:
Thank you! Going to keep an eye on the weather, looks a bit dicey for a 3 hr drive
I think BC will be on our side
PIT CART (Offline)
  #10 8/24/16 9:05 AM
Any camping spots left?