IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT: 3 Hour Figure 8 Championship- Speedrome
8/27/17, 7:54 PM   #1
OT: 3 Hour Figure 8 Championship- Speedrome
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

I know this isn't really open wheel per say, but the figure 8 latemodels don't have any front fenders so they could technically be called open wheel latemodels. The race is coming up on the 8th and 9th, with qualifying on the 8th and the 3 hour on the 9th. If you enjoy figure 8 racing or just racing in general I highly suggest you go. The new owners (possibly Jonathon Byrd as he is listed as the track president) have put a whole lot of money into the track and it looks like a brand new place. The race is shaping up to be one of the largest ones they have hand in years with only a handful of reserved tickets left. I am going both nights, hope to see some of you all there.

8/27/17, 8:32 PM   #2
racer58

And the people watching is awesome also!

8/27/17, 10:02 PM   #3
Re: OT: 3 Hour Figure 8 Championship- Speedrome
speed bump

This is a neat race ..those cars are a long way from what people picture of Figure 8 cars ..These are real race cars.

3 members like this post: jdull99, Kydehart, nathans1012
8/28/17, 4:44 AM   #4
Kydehart

I agree this is a neat race. A couple years back my buddy drug me out there (he grew up an asphalt racing fan) and I had the pleasure to be part of the pit crew of a really fast late model. We had a great night going until a street stock took our roof off but we got back on track and limped home in 7th. It was a fun night that I'll never forget, however the next year I finally got him to go to a dirt track and he hasn't been back to the 3 hour. Sprint cars will have that effect on people. Lol

8/28/17, 7:09 AM   #5
Stevensville Mike

Thanks for this post. I was looking for somewhere to go on the 8th but could not find any sprint action within range. I just might do this.

8/28/17, 7:28 AM   #6
ossuks

INDY 500....Bellville......Chilli Bowl.....4Crown....3 Hour.....Lawrenceburg Sprints......Angel Park....THAT...
I actually like the 3 Hour better than Chilli Bowl because it is more comfortable seating!

8/28/17, 2:06 PM   #7
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Thanks for this post. I was looking for somewhere to go on the 8th but could not find any sprint action within range. I just might do this.
Mike-----Baer Field has shifted their 1/4 dirt racing to Friday nights. MTS are running on 9/8 along with UMP modifieds.

8/28/17, 2:17 PM   #8
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheHammer View Post
Mike-----Baer Field has shifted their 1/4 dirt racing to Friday nights. MTS are running on 9/8 along with UMP modifieds.
Thank you!

8/28/17, 2:25 PM   #9
Wizard 05

Race Count This Year: 28

Mike if you need a home this Saturday the 2nd.. close to home Kazoo has the call of the wild.. you can see if Bozell can better his 9.46 on a 3/8th..

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
8/28/17, 2:45 PM   #10
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard 05 View Post
Mike if you need a home this Saturday the 2nd.. close to home Kazoo has the call of the wild.. you can see if Bozell can better his 9.46 on a 3/8th..
I have to work this WHOLE upcoming weekend (8/31-9/3) so racing is out. Next possibility is NEXT weekend. Haven't been to K-zoo all year this year, though. Thanks for the info.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT: 3 Hour Figure 8 Championship- Speedrome