IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Real Racing This Weekend in SD
4/23/20, 4:03 PM   #31
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Respectfully, actually no one's freedom is unlimited. I am not allowed to drive on the wrong side of the road because I can, minors are not allowed to legally drink alcohol, adults are not allowed drive and do the same.
Poor analogy. All those things have always been forbidden. But going to the store? Going to church? Getting together with friends? Going to a race? Ridiculous! But don't worry, you'll probably get your way. It seems nowadays insanity usually wins.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

4 members like this post: duel, fish, PIT CART, progressive22
4/23/20, 4:58 PM   #32
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
Poor analogy. All those things have always been forbidden. But going to the store? Going to church? Getting together with friends? Going to a race? Ridiculous! But don't worry, you'll probably get your way. It seems nowadays insanity usually wins.

Actually originally there were no driving laws or age limitations on alcohol consumption. Like sheltering in in place they came about as a need arose. It isn't about going to a race, restaurant or whatever. It is about all of us understanding the unwritten social contract that binds us together in a time of crisis. We will agree to disagree.

4 members like this post: erich45, mc/rider, oldfan49, Pitdad
4/24/20, 8:17 AM   #33
flagboy55

Actually I’m pretty sure it was Kris Kristoferson who wrote that, Janis covered it, well I might add.

3 members like this post: duel, jjones752, racenut69
4/24/20, 12:37 PM   #34
Re: Real Racing This Weekend in SD
chop

Does the race track have an electrical outlet that I can plug a light into it? It would seem that is the cure to the problem? What end do you jam it into?

4/24/20, 2:34 PM   #35
racenut69

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
does the race track have an electrical outlet that i can plug a light into it? It would seem that is the cure to the problem? What end do you jam it into?
lol!

4/24/20, 2:51 PM   #36
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Actually originally there were no driving laws or age limitations on alcohol consumption. Like sheltering in in place they came about as a need arose. It isn't about going to a race, restaurant or whatever. It is about all of us understanding the unwritten social contract that binds us together in a time of crisis. We will agree to disagree.
Exactly!

1 member likes this post: erich45
4/24/20, 2:54 PM   #37
revjimk

[QUOTE=sp6967;527419]why are people so scared? whats worse, dying or

Waiting a while to see our next race is not "living like your dead"
Its surviving to enjoy racing the rest of our lives
Watching sprint car races is not a life or death matter. COVID is...

3 members like this post: dirt330, erich45, Pitdad
4/24/20, 2:56 PM   #38
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
We're finding out that our freedom has never been more restricted and regulated than it is right now. Ironically the fear of dying has made many afraid of living.
So if you get COVID, be a hero, obey your Fearless Leader & mainline some Lysol?

1 member likes this post: racenut69
4/24/20, 2:57 PM   #39
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Actually I’m pretty sure it was Kris Kristoferson who wrote that, Janis covered it, well I might add.
Recorded first by good ole Roger Miller

2 members like this post: bigq11, flagboy55
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Real Racing This Weekend in SD