IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Real Racing This Weekend in SD
4/22/20, 5:42 PM   #21
Re: Real Racing This Weekend in SD
Bostonian

I know everyone has had enough of this. Racing around here should have started 3 weeks ago. Now?

Living here in MA, we have to wear a mask in public. The stores that are allowed to be open have limits to the number of customers that can be inside. The rest stand outside 6' apart and wait their turn. Banks are drive-through only. If you need to go inside you need to make an appointment. Also being a very liberal state if you go out for a walk without wearing a mask you'll get dirty looks from others. People are even ratting out their neighbors for the dumbest things. Schools closed until Sept. BUT, as much as everyone hates the PITA that it's become, we have this to think about every day;

Daily updates for MA, 190,000 Tested, 43,000 Confirmed Cases, 2,200 Deaths, 221 Deaths so far today!

We have just over 6 million in MA, with around half in the greater Boston area. I live in a hotspot due to the number of public transportation users.

I don't know what the conditions are like in everyone else's locations, but I hope it's better than here.

P.S. They just mentioned on my local news channel that the Governor of SD doesn't want the races to take place! Must be a slow news day here for that coverage to air.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
4/23/20, 3:11 AM   #22
flagboy55

I saw somewhere that nowTMZ caught wind of the S.D. race. I’m sure they know a lot about dirt track racing

2 members like this post: duel, interpreter66
4/23/20, 11:23 AM   #23
captrat

Ignore the science and data and put others at risk.

4/23/20, 11:54 AM   #24
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Ignore the science and data and put others at risk.
My freedom does not end where your fear begins. But hey no hard feelings. I wish you a very long and healthy quarantine.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

4/23/20, 12:22 PM   #25
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

No spectators now.

4/23/20, 1:35 PM   #26
sp6967

why are people so scared? whats worse, dying or living like your dead?

3 members like this post: chathamracefan, duel, opnwhlmnd
4/23/20, 2:55 PM   #27
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
My freedom does not end where your fear begins. But hey no hard feelings. I wish you a very long and healthy quarantine.
Respectfully, actually no one's freedom is unlimited. I am not allowed to drive on the wrong side of the road because I can, minors are not allowed to legally drink alcohol, adults are not allowed drive and do the same. We all have limits placed upon our freedoms in order for the overall concept of liberty to work. I would paraphrase a part of your post this way. "Your freedom ends where another another person's nose begins". This per my former high school coach who was a retired Marine.

3 members like this post: Pitdad, rick42, ronmil
4/23/20, 2:58 PM   #28
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Respectfully, actually no one's freedom is unlimited. I am not allowed to drive on the wrong side of the road because I can, minors are not allowed to legally drink alcohol, adults are not allowed drive and do the same. We all have limits placed upon our freedoms in order for the overall concept of liberty to work. I would paraphrase a part of your post this way. "Your freedom ends where another another person's nose begins". This per my former high school coach who was a retired Marine.
I believe Paul Harvey used to use that quote or a very similar one.

4/23/20, 3:19 PM   #29
PJ Wright

Quote:
Respectfully, actually no one's freedom is unlimited.
We're finding out that our freedom has never been more restricted and regulated than it is right now. Ironically the fear of dying has made many afraid of living.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

2 members like this post: duel, opnwhlmnd
4/23/20, 3:19 PM   #30
sp6967

freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose. per Janis joplin

6 members like this post: duel, erich45, Jonr, oppweld, racenut69, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Real Racing This Weekend in SD