IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson
4/19/20, 4:21 PM   #71
Re: Kyle Larson
HDbill

revljmk didn't get dismissed as a "liberal". He proved his ignorance by bringing up Fox news. That just baited a conversation of ******** that ABSOLUTELY has no business here. He just got some kick back that he deserved. No surprise there. This is about open wheel racing. Carpet baggers belong in books about what happened in history 100 years ago. I can't; wait for the tracks to get back to what IOW's love.

2 members like this post: jonboat15, mc/rider
4/19/20, 11:57 PM   #72
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDbill View Post
revljmk didn't get dismissed as a "liberal". He proved his ignorance by bringing up Fox news. That just baited a conversation of ******** that ABSOLUTELY has no business here. He just got some kick back that he deserved. No surprise there. This is about open wheel racing. Carpet baggers belong in books about what happened in history 100 years ago. I can't; wait for the tracks to get back to what IOW's love.
"Carpet baggers"??? Are you still stuck in the 1870s?

4/20/20, 12:00 AM   #73
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
A worthy goal but when every decision affecting all aspects of our lives in general and motorsports in particular are being made by politicians it seems inevitable. Kind of like expecting a discussion of nutrition to avoid all mention of food.
You're missing the whole point. Politicians had nothing whatsoever to do with firing Kyle. It was BUSINESSES who didn't want to look bad to the buying public. Name ONE politician who got him fired... you can't

4/20/20, 6:46 AM   #74
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
You're missing the whole point. Politicians had nothing whatsoever to do with firing Kyle. It was BUSINESSES who didn't want to look bad to the buying public. Name ONE politician who got him fired... you can't
No rev, you're missing the point. If you read the post that I was replying to (and quoted) it was about political comments on numerous threads not just this one. In retrospect my comments would have been better placed on the State Fair races thread.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

4/20/20, 9:13 PM   #75
revjimk

Quote:
No rev, you're missing the point. If you read the post that I was replying to (and quoted) it was about political comments on numerous threads not just this one. In retrospect my comments would have been better placed on the State Fair races thread.
Do you mean the post about "the topic here is auto racing"? I agree
But several people made political comments & i responded
In fact, you led off the whole discussion by complaining about "political correctness"
And the comment I was replying to was " when every decision affecting all aspects of our lives in general and motorsports in particular are being made by politicians"
In regards to the Larson situation, thats a false statement. Once again, the decision to fire Kyle was NOT made by politicians. It was made by businessmen

4/21/20, 6:09 AM   #76
PJ Wright

First off, the phrase "political correctness" is a very common term used to describe a variety of sociological attitudes. It may or may not refer to 'politicians' and at NO point did I make mention of any specific party or elected official but rather referred to certain ideological views. Secondly, the highly touted mellowing effects of a certain smokable product don't seem to be working for you.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

4/21/20, 6:14 PM   #77
revjimk

Quote:
First off, the phrase "political correctness" is a very common term used to describe a variety of sociological attitudes. It may or may not refer to 'politicians' and at NO point did I make mention of any specific party or elected official but rather referred to certain ideological views. Secondly, the highly touted mellowing effects of a certain smokable product don't seem to be working for you.
OK, I'm tired of arguing with you. I think we both want to see Kyle back on dirt
As to "mellowing effects"....."Let us be flower children with thorns": Abby Hoffman

4/22/20, 6:49 AM   #78
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
I just have one question... Why do you need a spotter for a video game???
Why do we need them in real racing? I think they give the pretenders, a false since of security. Watch any re-stricter plate race. Put the driver back in to race car driver.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson