Not into "edibles"
I'm "Old School"

4 members like this post: 55fan, Hustlin-Hoosier, racenut69, The Old Coyote
4/18/20, 11:41 PM   #62
Re: Kyle Larson
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoors View Post
I try not to respond to these typse of situations, but I feel for some reason compelled to at this time. I dont care who gets pissed off or who agrees with this, so Im just going to say what needs to be said. A little backround first. When I was 6 years old My father got a Contract Job at the NASA BASE on Wallops Island Virginia. He was a machinist and was building Nose Cones for Rockets to test the Aurora Boriallis. It was the coolest thing at that age to see well over 10 rocket launchs.

After living there On Chincoteague Island for a few months my dad found out that there was no Little League baseball or Pop Warner Football. He singlehandedly did a fund raiser on the Island for Both Youth sports clubs and Started the Leagues there.

Being From New Jersey and being Catholic on a predominately Southern baptist Island wasnt easy but we survived. I witnessed something I thought at the time ws over in the USA. It was in the 70's and "BUSSING LAWS" were passed. They wanted to Bus Black Chidren over the 7 bridge causeway to Chincoteague Island for school from the mainland. Well the Chintiggers (Island People on Chincoteague) were not going to let their God Fearing Southern Baptist white children go to school with Black Children. So the real hard core Islanders actually put Explosives under all 7 bridges connecting the Main Land to the Island. They flat out told Virginia if 1 School bus attempts to cross the Bridges they would blow them up. Its a shame to say this but The busses NEVER CAME.

When my father started Little League he made sure EVERY PERSON KNEW THAT THE BEST WOULD MAKE THE TEAM didnt matter if you were Black White purple green boy or girl. The best players will be on the team. Well it worked out that he more or less had an all Black team. There was protests, there was white parents that would sit in the middle of the field so the games could not be played, and death threats on my Parents lives. Needless to say we moved off the Island and to the main land. I could go on and on with what I saw as a very young child, but I thnk you get the picture. I will say this it was a very eye opening experience that even today I am grateful to have lived through. It made me a better person and it is something I am proud to have lived through. I will say this from the little bit I shared on here, it was much worse than what I have said, this is not the place to say it though.

What is going on today IMOVHO is nothing. This is NOT RACISM this is just the outcome of a pussified society that has been brain washed by the Liberal Media and the Liberal Govt. What Kyle Larson said was not insulting or racist. He used an expression that I hear everyday at work from my Black Colleagues. The majority of the guys I work with that are Black even said it is not racist in what Kyle Larson Said. In fact the majjority of them said it is embarrasing to them because this how RACISM is loosing the battle. To them it is the serious Racist Infractions that need to be addressed because just saying the N word doesnt make it racist. It is the way it is said and the context that it was used. people need to stop with all the Hes racist ******** because what people call Racism today isnt Racism. It is a way to make someone feel bad or to make someone something they are not.

It is litterally making racism a joke in this society, especially if you have lived and saw what REAL RACISM is.
Dude, you need to calm down....

First you tell a great story about your father's brave & commendable actions in the segregated South.. excellent!

The you go on a tirade about "Liberals"

Guess what the bigots in Virginia probably called your father? A "liberal"

Guess who ended segregation? Black people & "liberals"

I love watching Kyle race, he screwed up, hope they don't crucify him. I think most people here feel the same way, regardless of political beliefs...

OK???????

2 members like this post: captrat, JackSam40
4/19/20, 12:22 AM   #63
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySprintCar View Post
Good post. The answer is simple. The end goal for those companies will always be to make profit. If a percentage of those company's customers are ethnic, having a spokesperson throw out an inflammatory slur runs completely counter to that goal...and you can't have that.

I guarantee you when the marketing heads of those corporations met to discuss how to deal with this, "second chances" and "political correctness" were never discussed. What was discussed was what to do about a spokesperson that just alienated customers with money to spend. That is the sole topic of that discussion.

You make it about ********, political correctness, etc...and you'll be wrong.

Kyle, like all of us, is completely free to drop N-bombs whenever and wherever he wants. The first amendment guarantees that. But, if you're gonna make millions fronting for a company with black customers, don't be shocked when you say something that pisses those customers off and the company fires you over it.

If you don't like that reality, go race something at your local track out of your own pocket and you can run your mouth however you want.

If you want to make $10,000,000 per year and have big time corporate sponsors, know the rules of the game you signed up for...and don't act shocked when a driver loses his ride for breaking one of them.
I think I already said "exactly", but it made me think of a similar situation: Helmet laws. Lots of people think they are pushed by "liberals trying to create a "nanny state". BS... its INSURANCE COMPANIES!...... you think liberals care about some biker's skull?

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, JackSam40
4/19/20, 7:13 AM   #64
nodoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Dude, you need to calm down....

First you tell a great story about your father's brave & commendable actions in the segregated South.. excellent!

The you go on a tirade about "Liberals"

Guess what the bigots in Virginia probably called your father? A "liberal"

Guess who ended segregation? Black people & "liberals"

I love watching Kyle race, he screwed up, hope they don't crucify him. I think most people here feel the same way, regardless of political beliefs...

OK???????

No its NOT OK, See this is what LIBERALS do they cant justify so the insult then claim to be forgiving and tolerant. You are just clueless and rather closed minded. Im not going to get in a ******** session with you, apparently with all the likes I get and the 0 You get people agree with me and not you.

6 members like this post: Cage Faraday, dstensland, jonboat15, PIT CART, progressive22, Puppy
4/19/20, 8:01 AM   #65
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

This site wasnt developed for Conservatives, Liberals, Democrats or Republicans to express their opinions.The topic discussed on this site in a civil and respectful manner is auto racing
Last edited by mc/rider; 4/19/20 at 8:06 AM.

4/19/20, 10:17 AM   #66
racenut69

Well said ,Abe!

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing
4/19/20, 10:21 AM   #67
racenut69

If you want to argue ******** or personal views,go to 4m.net.....Plenty of people there to argue with...It is also a racing forum,but sometimes it's hard to tell!...My $.02.

4 members like this post: Cage Faraday, captrat, Hustlin-Hoosier, JackSam40
4/19/20, 12:34 PM   #68
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoors View Post
No its NOT OK, See this is what LIBERALS do they cant justify so the insult then claim to be forgiving and tolerant. You are just clueless and rather closed minded. Im not going to get in a ******** session with you, apparently with all the likes I get and the 0 You get people agree with me and not you.
You didn't actually respond to what I said, you just dismissed me by calling me a liberal.... just like the bigots probably called your Dad

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, JackSam40
4/19/20, 12:35 PM   #69
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
This site wasnt developed for Conservatives, Liberals, Democrats or Republicans to express their opinions.The topic discussed on this site in a civil and respectful manner is auto racing
I would be more than happy to go along with that, but if somebody else starts it, I'm gonna fight back

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, Ken Bonnema, Puppy
4/19/20, 12:55 PM   #70
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
A worthy goal but when every decision affecting all aspects of our lives in general and motorsports in particular are being made by politicians it seems inevitable. Kind of like expecting a discussion of nutrition to avoid all mention of food.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

2 members like this post: mc/rider, racer-x
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson