IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > State fair races in jeopardy?
4/13/20, 1:30 PM   #31
racer-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
I understand that we are all anxious to return to normality in our lives, however the blaming of media and ignoring the science of communicable disease does not serve either the racing community or our country well.
Is that the same scientist that made up the global warming climate change scan? There will be no more racing when all the new green deal gets stuffed down our throats !!

I hope all this is cured by July 4 th so we can all celebrate how Much FREEDOM we have lost in the past 30 days !!

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, jdull99, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, skids59
4/13/20, 1:46 PM   #32
PJ Wright

Yeah we'll all stay home twiddling our thumbs until the experts come up with a cure. Shouldn't take too long. They've made such quick work of cancer, eliminated poverty and brought about world peace. If you don't think that some in power don't want anyone to EVER go to a race again, you're delusional.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

7 members like this post: chrismattlin, jdull99, jim goerge, monkeyboy, PIT CART, racer-x, skids59
4/13/20, 2:01 PM   #33
Re: State fair races in jeopardy?
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
Is it April 1st? Is this post a joke? Promoters are gonna check with local hospitals. Have everyone sign a waiver. They can't arrest everyone.

Where is your traditional LOL abbreviation in every post? I guess you are serious.

I think a promoter should check with their local hospitals (making sure they aren't full) and open the gates...people will come . Have everyone sign a waiver, when they purchase their entry, the track isn't responsible for ANYTHING ...including whatever they might catch...if it's a dusty dirt track, maybe a good idea to wear a mask anyway...see how far you can get in the program...they can't arrest everyone on site...
I wasn't joking. I have talked to a few promoters. It wasn't entirely an original thought of mine. I also listen to some of the most well rated talk radio shows daily; the hosts and callers (who the hosts do not 100% agree with every time, but the callers are the voice of the people). Lets open things back up soon.

They are horse racing in certain areas...the show goes on in WWE (for now...one person had it...)...baseball is throwing out all sorts of ideas...

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/11/horse...tates-no-fans/
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: skids59
4/13/20, 2:13 PM   #34
sp6967

its not is bad as it seems. we are all getting 1200 bucks, unemployment benefits, spend more quality time with the person or the people you live with, not seeing people you don't want to, iracing, more time spent on iow, floracing 24/7 old racing clips, putting some love handles on, learning the proper way to wash hands, getting to wear a bandana just like the old racers, less stores open should = less money spent, not having to buy those fine hoosier tires, knowing exactly where wuhan, china is at, finding out corona isn't just a beer, knowing that when your sick don't go to a doctor, re-discovering why a liked being 14, its all about the power of positive thinking and knowing that this sh*t ain't never ending.

6 members like this post: captrat, jim goerge, mc/rider, racer-x, Rcar, skids59
4/13/20, 3:40 PM   #35
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
Is that the same scientist that made up the global warming climate change scan? There will be no more racing when all the new green deal gets stuffed down our throats !!

I hope all this is cured by July 4 th so we can all celebrate how Much FREEDOM we have lost in the past 30 days !!
It is truly amazing how a straight forward politically neutral post can be turned on its head. Obviously there are some who are anti-science, anti-intellectual who think that this is some kind of conspiracy. I suppose one could make a case that it was a planned event, but even if that were to be proven it will only be solved by science and reason.

4/13/20, 4:05 PM   #36
PJ Wright

Quote:
It is truly amazing how a straight forward politically neutral post can be turned on its head. Obviously there are some who are anti-science, anti-intellectual who think that this is some kind of conspiracy. I suppose one could make a case that it was a planned event, but even if that were to be proven it will only be solved by science and reason.
Why didn't science and reason prevent it from happening in the first place? Why hasn't science and reason cured cancer or eliminated hunger or brought about world peace? By the way, IMO, your comments reflect your political viewpoint very clearly. I hope responding to my comments doesn't deprive you of any vital CNN viewing. I have the utmost respect for science and complete disdain for those who misuse and distort it in an attempt to further their agenda.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
Last edited by PJ Wright; 4/13/20 at 4:09 PM.

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, duel, jdull99, racer-x, skids59
4/13/20, 5:26 PM   #37
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
Why didn't science and reason prevent it from happening in the first place? Why hasn't science and reason cured cancer or eliminated hunger or brought about world peace? By the way, IMO, your comments reflect your political viewpoint very clearly. I hope responding to my comments doesn't deprive you of any vital CNN viewing. I have the utmost respect for science and complete disdain for those who misuse and distort it in an attempt to further their agenda.
You just supported my post and then interjected a personal unfounded accusation.

2 members like this post: racinrich, rick42
4/13/20, 7:05 PM   #38
PJ Wright

Quote:
You just supported my post and then interjected a personal unfounded accusation.
A most predictable way to avoid answering my questions. "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" Benjamin Franklin

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, duel, jdull99, jim goerge, racer-x
4/13/20, 7:08 PM   #39
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
A most predictable way to avoid answering my questions. "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" Benjamin Franklin
amen to that.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, duel, jim goerge
4/13/20, 8:05 PM   #40
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
its not is bad as it seems. we are all getting 1200 bucks
At some point maybe not in my life time but at some point the bill is going to come due for all the deficit we are running up. Inflation has to rise dramatically some time in the future. The last time we had the bill come due was during the Carter administration and interest rates for home loans were around 18%, auto loans were 20-22%. That is coming in the future for all of the spending we are doing.

We can't just keep printing money and spending it without penalties that will have to come with it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > State fair races in jeopardy?