IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hartford (MI) Speedway - 2020 Schedule...... Loaded Schedule
2/29/20, 10:47 AM   #1
Hartford (MI) Speedway - 2020 Schedule...... Loaded Schedule
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Hartford Speedway
Hartford, Michigan

Track Website
http://www.hartfordspeedway.net

Weekly Racing
UMP DIRTcar Modifieds
Stock Cars
Cyber Stocks (4 & 6 Cyl)

Specials
FAST On Dirt 410 Wing Sprints
Great Lakes Super Sprints - G.L.S.S.
Great Lakes Traditional Sprints - G. L.T.S.
Great Lakes Lightning Sprints (1000cc) - G.L.L.S.
The Great Lakes Crate Series is a separate series from the 3 listed above - http://www.greatlakescrateseries.com
Great Lakes Crate Series 602 / 604 Late Models (604's allowed in 2020) - G.L.L.M.
Great Lakes Crate Series 602 Wing Sprint Cars - G.L.C.S.

2020 Schedule
Last edited by nathans1012; 2/29/20 at 11:31 AM.

4 members like this post: EBookerFan, monkeyboy, Stevensville Mike, TNRustler
3/1/20, 9:45 PM   #2
Re: Hartford (MI) Speedway - 2020 Schedule...... Loaded Sche
Stevensville Mike

Loaded schedule......? No WoO. No All Stars. No SOD. This new FAST series on a whim.....

Nate, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but you are a LOT more optomistic than I am when it comes to "loaded". Every time I see "Crate" on my left I go right. Every time I see "Crate" on my right I go left. Nothing against Hartford, for it is a great place to watch the races and mingle with all of my buds, but I might have better places to go come the 2020 season when crates come knocking at my weekend.

I wish Hartford the best nonetheless.

3 members like this post: dkdorkboy, Rich Mersereau, sprintracer82
3/2/20, 7:39 AM   #3
chop

I will try to be positive, but wonder about the car numbers. So Michigan now has a crate sprint car class from a race track no one has heard of before. So how many crate sprint cars do they have to put on a race? I will also ask the same of the 1000 cc lightning sprints. I google map the Orleans speedway
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1023.../data=!3m1!1e3

Looks like the Jackson minisprint race track has more grand stands and the parking lot is a mud pit race track.

1 member likes this post: Stevensville Mike
3/2/20, 9:53 AM   #4
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
I will try to be positive, but wonder about the car numbers. So Michigan now has a crate sprint car class from a race track no one has heard of before. So how many crate sprint cars do they have to put on a race? I will also ask the same of the 1000 cc lightning sprints. I google map the Orleans speedway
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1023.../data=!3m1!1e3

Looks like the Jackson minisprint race track has more grand stands and the parking lot is a mud pit race track.
It’s a series that started with crate late models. They added crate sprints after PLYMOUTH dropped them. I’ve been keeping up on this through out the winter. It’s a new series. As we all know anything new takes time. I’ve heard of Orleans Raceway. They were supposedly closed by the city a while back and have re-opened. It will take time to build the series. Their not stuck at one track now. A few of the races are non wing. As far as the late models go.
; they have a chance at getting 20 cars a race. The sprints we won’t know about yet until mid season how things are going. Just my thoughts. They had other tracks signed with the series this year just couldn’t find dates at didn’t conflict with others. Some of those tracks included Gas City & Oakshade.

1 member likes this post: Stevensville Mike
3/2/20, 11:16 AM   #5
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
It’s a series that started with crate late models. They added crate sprints after PLYMOUTH dropped them. I’ve been keeping up on this through out the winter. It’s a new series. As we all know anything new takes time. I’ve heard of Orleans Raceway. They were supposedly closed by the city a while back and have re-opened. It will take time to build the series. Their not stuck at one track now. A few of the races are non wing. As far as the late models go.
; they have a chance at getting 20 cars a race. The sprints we won’t know about yet until mid season how things are going. Just my thoughts. They had other tracks signed with the series this year just couldn’t find dates at didn’t conflict with others. Some of those tracks included Gas City & Oakshade.
Thanks for doing the gumshoe work with respect to keeping up on this series, and all of the schedules you post, Nate. Always appreciated.

I wish all involved, which includes the series, the tracks, and the drivers success. Just because it might not be my cup of tea doesn't mean I don't realize that others enjoy it and will follow it.

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, Tony74
3/2/20, 11:46 AM   #6
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Thanks for doing the gumshoe work with respect to keeping up on this series, and all of the schedules you post, Nate. Always appreciated.

I wish all involved, which includes the series, the tracks, and the drivers success. Just because it might not be my cup of tea doesn't mean I don't realize that others enjoy it and will follow it.
Guess will see in due time how things turn out for them. I would prefer it be a 305 division but it is what it is.

3/2/20, 12:45 PM   #7
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post

Great attitude! That's pretty much how I feel about NASCAR nowadays.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
3/3/20, 6:50 PM   #8
Eric Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
I would prefer it be a 305 division but it is what it is.
I would prefer it was an open sprint division. If you have a sprint car, it's legal. Show up and race. I grew up 10 minutes west and now live 45 minutes north.

1 member likes this post: spicoli
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hartford (MI) Speedway - 2020 Schedule...... Loaded Schedule