IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help with GSXR600 - Couldn't g
5/10/14, 10:46 PM   #1
Help with GSXR600 - Couldn't g
3d Racing

I bought a stock 2008 GSX-R600 out of a bike and I have a question,
I tested the car today and I couldn't get it to run clean over 1/2 throttle. It had no response and I had to baby the throttle to get it up to speed. If I stepped on the gas, it would just "Blubber" all over itself.
It is stock injected on gas. I tried everything from 25psi - 65psi for fuel pressure and the higher pressure I ran, the worse it got. Is there some sensors that I am running that I shouldn't be or some sensors I need to? Very frustrating. I have a Kinser airbox, Walbro pump with a 125 filter before the pump and a 25 filter after the pump.
Any help would be appreciated.
dsnapr at hotmail

5/11/14, 10:44 AM   #2
Re: Help with GSXR600 - Couldn't g
Bill84

Race Count This Year: 17
Race Count Last Year: 13

Is the box in safe mode? If you have access to another ECU, stick it on and see if it makes a difference. If so, have the original one reset.

Bill

5/11/14, 3:51 PM   #3
3d Racing

I don't have another ECU, but I will see if I can round one up.
There are 2 sets of injectors,(top and bottom) Does it matter which plug wires go to which injectors? I noticed there are 2 color wires to each plug. One has green and yellow, the other has gray and yellow.
Thanks

5/11/14, 8:11 PM   #4
3d Racing

Here is a video of the motor trying to run..... any help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCp3...ature=youtu.be
Thanks

5/12/14, 7:06 AM   #5
Bill84

Race Count This Year: 17
Race Count Last Year: 13

I was going to suggest you talk with Lucky13 on the MaxDirt forum, but I see you already have a thread going there. I had a wiring issue with my R6 a while back, and didn't have the top injectors plugged in correctly. That put the box right into safe mode on me. If you don't, or didn't, have your injectors plugged into the harness correctly, I'm almost positive you will need to reset your ECU. BTW, when the box is in safe mode, it disables either the ignition or fuel to limit the motor to only running on two cylinders.

Bill

5/12/14, 8:29 AM   #6
3d Racing

Thanks, I will check that. all 4 cylinders are up to temp though.

5/15/14, 10:13 PM   #7
Scott17

You need to call guhl motors

5/16/14, 4:35 AM   #8
DAD

3d

Are you using a cut down harness?. Did you actually drive the car to speed on the track or just race the motor in the shop? Often it is hard to tell a whole lot unless the engine is under a load. All that no load racing does is confuse you, upset other people in the pits and blows up your motor.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 5/16/14 at 7:24 AM.

5/16/14, 4:40 AM   #9
DAD

3d

The shower injectors don't do anything until rpm reach around 7000 rpm's or so. I think crossing the harness from top to bottom could be pretty hard and if the top where interchanged with the bottom the top throttle plates would prevent much fuel from getting to engine at idle. If you think they are crossed just unplug the 4 top injector plugs, if it doesn't run then they are reversed if not it should run fine and be a schoce lean up top. Now I have seen an injector harness plugged up backwards (cut Down Harness) changing #1 with #4.AND #3 AND #2 injector connector thus injecting fuel at the wrong time.

My bet is still on the ecm though an easy check and it seems to be a Suzuki thing most people just wouldn't understand.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 5/16/14 at 7:25 AM.

5/20/14, 9:42 PM   #10
3d Racing

Raced this weekend and it was just as frustrating as in the garage.
Couldn't get over 1/4 throttle and it would blubber and have no response at all. I am at a loss.
There are 4 "vent holes that I had small breather filters on, 2 on the top of the valve cover, one on the back of the injection, and one on top of the tranny. I had them all vented, but was told that the 2 on top of the valve cover need to be plugged, so I did that. It didn't help much. What about the other two? (injection and tranny) Just looking for anything at this point.
I will check to see if I can find another ECU and plug it in and see if that is the problem.
Any other thoughts?
Thanks
Doug

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help with GSXR600 - Couldn't g