IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Boston41 (Offline)
  #31 7/27/09 5:49 PM
They should run the cup guys on the road course: 1) more exciting 2) one less circle track 3) less seats to make it look more full.

NASCAR took a poorly calculated risk by selling out to expand their fan base and they blew it.
sceckert (Offline)
  #32 7/27/09 6:16 PM
Could care less about the race, even though it's three blocks away, but one thing I do know about when nascar comes to town: The fans sure throw a lot more used cans, bottles, cigarettes and food wrappers on local lawns than any of the other series that visit. Believe That.
Onlydirt (Offline)
  #33 7/27/09 6:22 PM
Originally Posted by sceckert:
Could care less about the race, even though it's three blocks away, but one thing I do know about when nascar comes to town: The fans sure throw a lot more used cans, bottles, cigarettes and food wrappers on local lawns than any of the other series that visit. Believe That.
But Walmart is empty during the race!
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #34 7/27/09 8:23 PM
Originally Posted by psullivan:
being present on saturday night - i'm curious where there was a "fix" in that race?
when the pace car pulled out in front of the leader in the first turn and was rear ended and spun out and was set back! *** was that?????????????

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Originally Posted by aussiemidgetfan:
i'm surprised to find superduke is a montoya fan :o
not a fan but when you screw a guy and take away a win thats wrong!

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Originally Posted by bullring:
i find it hard to believe a guy with a comfortable 5 second lead would push the speed limit that close. However, i also know that nascar has never made a mistake in all their years of running "shows" so that proves he was speeding.
yea right!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Originally Posted by jim halpert:
i realize the tintops aren't going anywhere...but i too would love to see ims drop nascar. I don't mind the motogp...those guys are a class act and put on a heck of a show. Would love to see formula one back...and don't start the f1 bashing...i know 90% of you hate it already. I just feel nascar drags the speedway down a level...the 500, f1, and motogp are recognized worldwide as great events that carry a lot of weight in racing circles...nascar is a farce to a lot of people...including me. Whoever said that they make the speedway look worse every year had it dead on...
how bout 3 100 mile champ dirt car races! Inverted and pay $25000 to the guy that passes the most cars!!!!!!!! $ 50000 to win each race and $ 8000 to start!
KMS2683 (Offline)
  #35 7/27/09 8:50 PM
Originally Posted by Jim Halpert:
I realize the tintops aren't going anywhere...but I too would love to see IMS drop NASCAR. I don't mind the MotoGP...those guys are a class act and put on a heck of a show. Would love to see Formula One back...and don't start the F1 bashing...I know 90% of you hate it already. I just feel NASCAR drags the Speedway down a level...the 500, F1, and MotoGP are recognized worldwide as great events that carry a lot of weight in racing circles...NASCAR is a farce to a lot of people...including me. Whoever said that they make the Speedway look worse every year had it dead on...
I agree. I gave up on NASCAR years ago so it would not bother me to see IMS drop the race. I am an F1 fan so I would love to see the them back. I'll take the 500 over the Brickyard any day.
RacinFool (Offline)
  #36 7/27/09 9:48 PM
yea that race really sucked. I hope they drop the nascar race......Oh yea and they can take that kissin the bricks sh#t also...I prefer no fenders and a cold bottle of milk for the winner.
Gregg (Offline)
  #37 7/27/09 10:28 PM
I admit the racing could have been better, especially if they would dump the COT experiment. But the BY400 was not the worst race of the weekent. Anyone watch the IRL race at Edmonton?
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #38 7/27/09 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Gregg:
I admit the racing could have been better, especially if they would dump the COT experiment. But the BY400 was not the worst race of the weekent. Anyone watch the IRL race at Edmonton?
Both races were boring for sure. You couldn't have been expecting much from the IRL race though; knowing it was on an airport circuit and all. I'm sure deep down, the IRL folks would like to be racing at Charlotte, Atlanta, Loudon, Dover, Nashville, Las Vegas, Michigan, ect., but at least the people in Edmonton get behind the race. That's why they race there, and that's why they'll go back next year.

I love IndyCars. :34;
slide22 (Offline)
  #39 7/27/09 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by chrismattlin:
Both races were boring for sure. You couldn't have been expecting much from the IRL race though; knowing it was on an airport circuit and all. I'm sure deep down, the IRL folks would like to be racing at Charlotte, Atlanta, Loudon, Dover, Nashville, Las Vegas, Michigan, ect., but at least the people in Edmonton get behind the race. That's why they race there, and that's why they'll go back next year.

I love IndyCars. :34;

I hate IndyCars on these road courses and the mile and a half tracks. Boring races. Put em on the small tracks, Phoenix, Richmond, Iowa, Dover, Loudon, Nashville, Hell I'd like to see em go to Bristol! or Darlington! or ORP! Now those would be some entertaining races.
psullivan
  #40 7/27/09 10:47 PM
1) The pace car incident at ORP was a mistake - 50 or so laps into the race - that was designed to help whom? Come on. Trevor Bayne probably deserved a better fate than he got - but was he going to win?
2) The Brickyard 400 pumps a considerable amount of money into the town and region economy at a venue that asks next to nothing of taxpayers. So count me among those that wants it to come back and prosper