2 Likes: Beinthecircle, rclaridge
Beinthecircle (Offline)
  #12 5/25/15 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by bmemmer:
Two heats with no passing points. LOL
First timer at a KISS race?
bmemmer (Offline)
  #13 5/25/15 1:19 AM
I live 3 miles from the track. I just don't get the crew sometimes. Tonight we have 20 cars and we only run 2 heats which for the guys who started in the back don't really have a chance at a good finish with 10 cars on the track. So the crew wants to run a fast program ok I get that. But for the usac race they run a bmain with 24 cars?! I dunno just don't understand. I'm sure there is more to it. Anyway way to go Tommy and crew tonight for getting in the show after it rained for about 20 minutes. A fantastic race through out the field and Awesome finsh!
bmemmer (Offline)
  #14 5/25/15 1:30 AM
Just to add a little more. I could see running 2 heats if it was a normal mscs race with passing point but since it wasn't why not run two heats of 7 and one of 6. Anybody have any answers? I'm just curious. Racing was great no matter how many heats were ran I'm just trying to understand better.
3Cfan (Offline)
  #15 5/25/15 2:00 AM
What a great race tonight. Congrats to B Short on the win. Sure thought Cummins was going to pull that pass off coming off of four. That was the fastest I'd seen the 3R this season. Typical Ballou entertainment as he diced through the field. I am curious to know what Chase Stockon was so upset about with Cummins after their heat race. Looked like clean racing and passing to me.
3 Likes: jballou12, jim goerge, luckybuc97
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #16 5/25/15 2:31 AM
I think farmers have a special relationship with the weather. A love/hate relationship might be a better way to put it. Either too much or not enough precipitation can come along and completely wipe out their product or they can just get enough and it will enable them to get a yield that is beyond compare. Either way, they know how to deal with whatever mother nature hands them probably better than anybody else. My experience with this track has always been when it starts raining and you get a decent amount, you're going to get one of two results. Number one is a rainout and nobody likes that. The second is when the rain lets up and Tommy and his crew go to work on the track and start methodically bringing her back to life. On one of those nights, nine times out of ten, when everything is said and done, the stage is set for some real fireworks to happen. Tonight was another one of those nights at Tri-State Speedway. Once they got it revived, the first thing to happen was the continuation of the modified heats. The first one had already been ran, so there were just two left. They were both door to door, from start to finish for the win. You knew this was going to bode well for the sprint A-Main when it was time for it. Well, fast forward to the feature. Things were lined for excitement from the drop of the green. You had Chad Boespflug, Kyle Cummins and Jeff Bland starting up in the front of the field, Chase Stockon a few rows back, Brady Short in the middle and Robert Ballou almost all the way in the back. So there was going to be action throughout, right from the drop of the hat. And that there was. A few laps in Cummins took command and looked really dominant. But a little ways back, Brady Short was starting to pick them off, one by one and was obviously one the move. Ballou passed a few, but was spun on the second lap and had to go to the tail. After that restart, he resumed his march to the front. About five laps in though, he started to smoke and then at one point, his engine caught on fire. It looked like he would be soon be done, but he didn't miss a beat and continued his tear through the field. Up front, Brady had worked his way through the top ten and had assumed the runner up spot. Kyle was going to have company soon, because he was definitely cutting chunks out of the lead on each lap. With somewhere less than ten laps left, he caught Cummins and took the lead and stretched it out some. By this point Ballou had come all the way through the field and was up to fifth or sixth. He had a perfectly executed slider for someone on what seemed like on every lap. Once he reached Jeff Bland, they went at it in what was probably the battle of the race. It went on for several laps and it was a hell of a fight. Up front, Mo gave the "two to go" and it looked like Brady had it covered, but Kyle was starting to close on him. After they took the white flag and came out of turn two Kyle just came screaming down the backstretch and you could just sense that he had something up his sleeve and thought he was still going to win this thing. Brady was up a little higher in some traffic as they came out of four, Kyle dove low and sprinted him to the line. I was sitting right behind the flagstand and when they crossed I didn't know who had won until I heard the announcers screaming that Brady had won by a wheel. What a damn race!!! Almost a photo finish and Ballou had came from the back to finish third!! At one point I saw Robert passing someone with a slider, coming out of turn two, with his engine on fire! That just about sums up what his performance tonight was like. And Brady Short just has a knack for winning races.

I love this place! I would pay full admission and drive 85 miles if all they were going to do was turn Brady, Kyle and Robert loose for 30 laps. In the last year, that's how much excitement these three have provided at this track. I'd just like to see Kyle win one of these. He's forced so much of the action there and has done everything but win one of these thrillers.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
21 Likes: 3Cfan, alrho23, dirtshirt, dusty tracks, EBookerFan, EPSpeed, FishBurger, i love dirt track racing, Jbaldwin, jballou12, jerrydt, jim goerge, LB, mc/rider, Panama, Pat O'Connor Fan, rachasin, skids59, SPD 37, VSneader2, wildman92
jim goerge (Offline)
  #17 5/25/15 3:59 AM
Thanks Jerry I read and rethink about the race and still only thing I can say is WOW A big thank you to the track crew for bringing the track back cuz any place else would have called it a rain out Also BIG thank you racers for coming to TSS and putting on such a exciting race
chastaj (Offline)
  #18 5/25/15 9:50 AM
Chase was mad because Cummings slammed into the back of him when coming off the track and that led to all the cars to stall!
The Fanthom (Offline)
  #19 5/25/15 10:37 AM
Yeah, and he got slammed into because he flipped off Kyle going down the backstretch on the cool down lap.
rclaridge (Offline)
  #20 5/25/15 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by The Fanthom:
Yeah, and he got slammed into because he flipped off Kyle going down the backstretch on the cool down lap.
That's a great reason to risk tearing up 2 race cars!