IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
brown11b (Offline)
  #11 4/3/23 7:55 AM
Originally Posted by Damingexcavating:
I really wish you keyboard warriors knew how much money it takes to run a sprint car for one show.
I own one of the sprint cars in attendance last night. Everything that has been said so far in the thread is accurate. No need to call them keyboard warriors just because you dont like what they had to say.
19 Likes: 2HWrench, bighd0522, Charles Nungester, dirtbag, DirtTrackTherapy16J, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, hairracer44, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, opnwhlmnd, PAW, PIT CART, RacinBabe, sjracer26, TBONE, tirespinner, TQ29m, WinglessLovers
markd (Offline)
  #12 4/3/23 8:21 AM
I really wish you keyboard warriors knew how much money it takes to run a sprint car for one show.
So the sprint cars got paid more money yesterday for being there 7 plus hours?
3 Likes: Grocery Guy, PIT CART, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #13 4/3/23 8:40 AM
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids:
Swanson, Burns and Mihako top 3 of heat 1.

Seavy, Brandon Spencer and Jesse Vermillion top 3 of heat 2.

Brayden Fox, Tim Creech and Hunter Maddox top 3 of heat 3. Maddox went to the tail after a lap 2 incident and drove back to last corner of last lap pass for the transfer.

T-Mez! McMillian and Rosswum top 3 of heat 4. If you know, you know. T-Mez went from the tail after a mishap, and drove to 1st in 2 laps. Just hustlin it on the top. That was fun!

Leary, KTJ and Barksdale top 3 of heat 5.

All the rest go to the b mains.

Mattox, Thomas and Gilbert from first B make it to the A.

Leary, Mihocko, Swanson. Top 3 of feature.

Went thru this post and Thank you for posting results. I remember'd you posted heat results so I went back and checked that post. THANKS.

The rest, I can't say what happened. I know at some point from experience that a super long show seems like your being held hostage to see the features.

Kinda Weird too, Because I've seen him turn that place from a lake to raceable in a couple hours, seems like he could turn it over, water and pack it in the same.. Not knocking, They tried.

Also, Paying customers aren't keyboard jockey's unless they only post negative repeatedly.. That our you could pay 200 a pit pass to race in front of nobody.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: cmiracingvids, Grocery Guy, luckybuc97, RacinBabe
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #14 4/3/23 9:03 AM
No problem Charles. The criticism I have of LPS is warranted. That wasn’t the first time I’ve been there and they started 2 hours later than normal. More than likely won’t be the last either.
There was an extensive rework of turn 1 before the heats started. And I’m ok with it because it was way too rough for the sprint cars.
It’s just funny to me that LPS seems to always get a pass from everyone. If that program was Paragon, The Burg or Gas City, you’d be hearing all about it.
6 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, Leohr46, PIT CART, sjracer26, tirespinner, TQ97
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #15 4/3/23 9:09 AM
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids:
No problem Charles. The criticism I have of LPS is warranted. That wasn’t the first time I’ve been there and they started 2 hours later than normal. More than likely won’t be the last either.
There was an extensive rework of turn 1 before the heats started. And I’m ok with it because it was way too rough for the sprint cars.
It’s just funny to me that LPS seems to always get a pass from everyone. If that program was Paragon, The Burg or Gas City, you’d be hearing all about it.
Last time I was there was 2020 I remember because covid. track wasn't good that night either. all bottom catfishing. But good nights there are as good as anywhere. Yes, You do hear about S Shows sometimes for years afterward. The great night stuff is rare.

Best example was last years LBurg Nationals, Standing ovation after the feature, Come home to read, dustbowl, blah blah blah, I was like, Was you at the same show I was?

Charles Nungester
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #16 4/3/23 9:18 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Last time I was there was 2020 I remember because covid. track wasn't good that night either. all bottom catfishing. But good nights there are as good as anywhere. Yes, You do hear about S Shows sometimes for years afterward. The great night stuff is rare.

Best example was last years LBurg Nationals, Standing ovation after the feature, Come home to read, dustbowl, blah blah blah, I was like, Was you at the same show I was?
That’s kind of what I mean. People crucify every other track in the state if they mess up and have a bad show. OR…as you say, they had a GOOD show, they still bash them. Just seems nobody ever criticizes LPS.
Honestly, the best praise I can give the Burg is that they always start right at 6pm. Literally every show I went to last year, the first cars are either getting pushed or rolling onto the track right at 6. Down to the minute. Whatever happens after that is usually subject to change with events on the track, but if the part you can control goes exactly how you plan…kudos to everyone involved.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #17 4/3/23 9:33 AM
Can someone explain to me what this comment has to do with poor track conditions and or long program? What am I missing here?
4 Likes: erich45, mlamb, PIT CART, tirespinner
bsmith8 (Offline)
  #18 4/3/23 9:53 AM
Originally Posted by markd:
So the sprint cars got paid more money yesterday for being there 7 plus hours?
I don’t think they got extra money. It was a regular show with weekly purse, 2000 to win 300 to start per their Facebook page . The Indiana Open Wheel Fest and Fireworks Race was moved to Saturday April 8 with 3000 to win.
DirtTrackTherapy16J (Offline)
  #19 4/3/23 10:38 AM
So I wasn't at the race yesterday, I honestly didn't even know they had a race until this morning. I don't get to go to very many races at the southern Indiana tracks due to my work schedule.

The first thing I want to say as always, all that give and chime in updates, thank you very much especially for those of us that dont get to the said race. Thank you for your time and energy. Secondly, thank you to the teams, drivers, fans that did go to the race. It takes EVERYONE, not just one or the other to keep tracks going. Its unfortunate that it was a long drawn out race, appears track conditions wasn't the greatest, but I'm certain the attendance was much appreciated.

One thing I personally have noticed about LPS, when something isnt right, something fails, something doesn't go as planned, it appears to me that they listen to teams, drivers, fans, and they bust their tails to fix the problem and do a better job the next time, the next race. I've yet to see them blow it off and/or ignore there was a problem or make excuses.

Unfortunately this time of year, nature doesn't always cooperate with tracks. Who would have thought a track is dry after the storms Friday night, much less all the rain we have had this late winter, early spring? Hard to predict the first of April or in October what the weather is going to deal all of us.

For those unhappy, at least you got to go to a race, at least there was a race. At least you got to see a race. To me that's better then continued rainouts, snowouts, coldouts, or not being able to go to a race. LPS will fix this, I'm certain.
5 Likes: erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider, TNRustler
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #20 4/3/23 4:22 PM
Could you bring a cooler in ?

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, brown11b, Hustlin-Hoosier, WinglessLovers