IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Leffler memorial returns sunday to wayne city
10/16/18, 2:26 PM   #11
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Been to all of them; nearly died from the intense heat at two of them and froze my arse off at the last one! 😁

1 member likes this post: Simon_says17
10/16/18, 7:30 PM   #12
Re: Usac: Leffler memorial returns sunday to wayne city
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
It says "cars hitting the track at 4p" I assume that's hot laps. What time did you guy get out of there two years ago?
My memory was a little flasted

10/17/18, 9:42 AM   #13
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
We've attended 3 of the Leffler Memorial's and without fail this event is very exciting and entertaining. 2nd to none in entertainment value. For selfish reasons we wish it was still scheduled just before Labor Day weekend as it was in the beginning. We're always camped at Rend Lake the week prior to the State Fair races at Du Quoin. Due to work obligations it's nearly impossible for us to attend in October. The one time we've been lucky enough to attend the October race it was a festive atmosphere in the parking lot all afternoon prior to the racing action. Much like tailgating at a college football game and the farmer was harvesting soybeans in the field adjacent to the track property which added to the overall country ambiance.

To all of you who are fortunate to attend this year, have a great time and pack the stands so this event goes on well into the future.
As I recall from my one and only trip to the "Leffler," it doesn't take too many bodies to "pack the stands," so get there early and stake out your territory.

10/17/18, 1:14 PM   #14
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan View Post
As I recall from my one and only trip to the "Leffler," it doesn't take too many bodies to "pack the stands," so get there early and stake out your territory.
With plenty of blankets and stadium seats...

10/17/18, 8:01 PM   #15
chathamracefan

Is there an area for lawn chairs to be able to see the races?

10/17/18, 8:57 PM   #16
Rpracing1

Sure I’ve missed this info, but are there any other support classes besides midgets?

10/17/18, 10:19 PM   #17
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
Is there an area for lawn chairs to be able to see the races?
Don't recall there being any areas where it would be possible to see the track while setting in a lawn chair.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Leffler memorial returns sunday to wayne city