IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UNOH All Stars announce 2015 Point Fund, Tow Money Package
9/2/14, 9:49 PM   #11
Re: UNOH All Stars announce 2015 Point Fund, Tow Money Packa
Stevensville Mike

Taking the press release for what it says, I like this part the best: "The UNOH All Stars will no longer utilize the “region” point fund and will go back to crowning one national champion."

This is a step in the right direction - the old direction which made the series work. Leave PA and parts beyond to the Posse. Leave Indiana to the non-wingers. Hell, leave Michigan to SOD. Get rooted back into Ohio, post a strong schedule, give out good $$$, have a backer like UNOH...... all good for them.

Every series, or business, has to check and adjust periodically. I think this is the time for the ASCoC to do so. Apparently they have alienated some with their current operating strategy/policy, but if they follow through with what is worded in this press release, it is a step in the right direction and any other challenging series is going to have their hands full in trying to go head-to-head. If someone else wants to try to "steal" drivers and fans from them and start a rival series, well..... I personally think that is too bad, for it is going to dilute the field on both ends and torque off the fans in the long haul.

But, it's a free country and if someone wants to take up this issue and pursue it, it is their right. I'll be where the cars are, and that will more than likely be Kokomo anyways.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UNOH All Stars announce 2015 Point Fund, Tow Money Package