IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Updates from LBurg tonite??
10/2/09, 11:04 PM   #41
Re: Updates from LBurg tonite??
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Red flag in the TQ feature as Rick Robinson #12 flips coming out of turn two on lap 14

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

WOW! What a race after the caution, Martz, Tad Cheek, Tim Lynch, and Nick Speidel ran four wide for the lead for two laps, with Speidel taking the lead. Lynch moved to second, Tad Cheek to third, Zach Cougill finished fourth, and Tate Martz finished fifth. What a race.

Congrats to Tate Martz for winning the VUMTQRL points championship
Last edited by Chris Nunn; 10/2/09 at 11:05 PM.

4 members like this post: STP, TQ29m, TQ97, Uncle_Charlie
10/3/09, 1:12 PM   #42
Thanks to MTQRL
Uncle_Charlie

A big Thank You to all MTQRL drivers and owners for making this a great season. Clean, fast and thoughtful driving all year! I am looking forward to seeing you again at the Speedway on the 24th.

To all the officials of MTQRL... It was told to me many times this year that we put on a great show, have top-notch drivers, clean racing and run in a timely manner.

This is all your fault. People will go to where the good shows are, and YOU are making those shows happen. In the past, I have had the privilege of working with some of the finest people in racing. Just let to you (and the rest the world) know, YOU are the best!

To Jen and Mark Frechette, the owners of MTQRL. What can I say. The people wanted fair, clean, top-of-the-line TQ racing and you gave it to them.

Jerry Frickman, Director of Competition and Scoring. Yours is a thank-less job. It is easy the fans to forget the "behind the scenes personal," but I won't. You, Roman, Bonnie and Sandy kept things in order all season.

Gary "Iceburg" Lee, You are amazing. Just when I think you have hit the top bar in any project, you cleared it with street shoes. We knew the announcing would be great. However, the behind the scenes work you do is out of this world. You Sir, are the master!

Steve "Motzie" Motz, You are a GREAT flagman and friend! The fans love to watch you. You were born with a style that fits racing to a "T". Racing season is now over, but I am looking forward to next year with you in the flagstand.

Bobby Jones, You make coming to the track fun for me. Your "it's already done, Charlie" attitude, mixed with your light-hearted humor takes a load off my shoulders.

Randy Jester, Tech Inspector and corner worker, Your thoughtful attitude and tireless work in the pits is a show of
prefection. It looks as if you have done this all your life and seem to enjoy every minute of it.

Jeff Peaslee and Dawn Dwenger, Thanks for filling in as corner workers in such short notice. If any one job speeds up a show, this is it.

Jen Frechette, Bonnie Motz, Joan Dwenger, Josh, CoCo, Evil Frechette and Bobby Joe, the "Gate Keepers." You are the first persons of MTQRL that the fans see. A smile here goes a long way. For the most part, you go to a race track and don't get to watch a race, If that is not dedication, what is?

Jay Parks and Kyle Lux, You have given us some of the raciest tracks I have ever seen. It takes alot of work for a good track, but you have put you own work on hold to prepare the them for us.

Mark and Lora Widner, while you have no official titles, the behind the scenes work that you do to promote MTQRL is, without a doubt, amazing! Thank you for everything you have done.

Charlie Dwenger, Chief Official. People have been coming to me with high praise for my work. WRONG!
Please read the above names and understand the job that they do. It is easy for me to look good when I have the people that I have in place around me. When I recieve a complement, it is for the entire crew of MTQRL, drivers and the owners. I cannot, and will not, take this credit myself. It takes a great team to put on a great show. I am just lucky enough to be a part of this team!

Thank you all for an amazing first season!!!

See you at the tracks,

4 members like this post: midgetracer, nowings4me, SprintManDave, STP
10/3/09, 2:45 PM   #43
Re: Thanks to MTQRL
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Charlie View Post
A big Thank You to all MTQRL drivers and owners for making this a great season. Clean, fast and thoughtful driving all year! I am looking forward to seeing you again at the Speedway on the 24th.

To all the officials of MTQRL... It was told to me many times this year that we put on a great show, have top-notch drivers, clean racing and run in a timely manner.

This is all your fault. People will go to where the good shows are, and YOU are making those shows happen. In the past, I have had the privilege of working with some of the finest people in racing. Just let to you (and the rest the world) know, YOU are the best!

To Jen and Mark Frechette, the owners of MTQRL. What can I say. The people wanted fair, clean, top-of-the-line TQ racing and you gave it to them.

Jerry Frickman, Director of Competition and Scoring. Yours is a thank-less job. It is easy the fans to forget the "behind the scenes personal," but I won't. You, Roman, Bonnie and Sandy kept things in order all season.

Gary "Iceburg" Lee, You are amazing. Just when I think you have hit the top bar in any project, you cleared it with street shoes. We knew the announcing would be great. However, the behind the scenes work you do is out of this world. You Sir, are the master!

Steve "Motzie" Motz, You are a GREAT flagman and friend! The fans love to watch you. You were born with a style that fits racing to a "T". Racing season is now over, but I am looking forward to next year with you in the flagstand.

Bobby Jones, You make coming to the track fun for me. Your "it's already done, Charlie" attitude, mixed with your light-hearted humor takes a load off my shoulders.

Randy Jester, Tech Inspector and corner worker, Your thoughtful attitude and tireless work in the pits is a show of
prefection. It looks as if you have done this all your life and seem to enjoy every minute of it.

Jeff Peaslee and Dawn Dwenger, Thanks for filling in as corner workers in such short notice. If any one job speeds up a show, this is it.

Jen Frechette, Bonnie Motz, Joan Dwenger, Josh, CoCo, Evil Frechette and Bobby Joe, the "Gate Keepers." You are the first persons of MTQRL that the fans see. A smile here goes a long way. For the most part, you go to a race track and don't get to watch a race, If that is not dedication, what is?

Jay Parks and Kyle Lux, You have given us some of the raciest tracks I have ever seen. It takes alot of work for a good track, but you have put you own work on hold to prepare the them for us.

Mark and Lora Widner, while you have no official titles, the behind the scenes work that you do to promote MTQRL is, without a doubt, amazing! Thank you for everything you have done.

Charlie Dwenger, Chief Official. People have been coming to me with high praise for my work. WRONG!
Please read the above names and understand the job that they do. It is easy for me to look good when I have the people that I have in place around me. When I recieve a complement, it is for the entire crew of MTQRL, drivers and the owners. I cannot, and will not, take this credit myself. It takes a great team to put on a great show. I am just lucky enough to be a part of this team!

Thank you all for an amazing first season!!!

See you at the tracks,
I couldn't have said it better myself. I don't know how it happened but all of the right people came together at the right time. We look so forward to next year.

I think Bob says this, "It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on!" And they're right.

Thanks everyone.

10/4/09, 3:49 AM   #44
Uncle_Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STP View Post
<SNIP> I don't know how it happened but all of the right people came together at the right time.
You can blame Jerry Frickman.

I was at Lawrenceburg Speedway with Randy Jester, minding my own buisness, when I was called to the top by Jerry. When he ask if I wanted the job, I started laughing so hard that I shot beer out my nose. A couple of weeks later, I found that he was serious. You know the rest.

Now here we are, one year later with some great memories of a hard-fought first season. Thanks for everything. You and Mark have made racing fun again!

See you at the Speedway,

10/4/09, 7:43 PM   #45
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by STP View Post
I couldn't have said it better myself. I don't know how it happened but all of the right people came together at the right time. We look so forward to next year.

I think Bob says this, "It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on!" And they're right.

Thanks everyone.
And just how about that over the top racing Friday night, that's the first time I can remember, I ever thought TQ's looked good on a big track, that was awesome, 4 wide, for 2 laps, and the outcome could been any one of the 4. Great season ending show! Congrats to Nick, I told him last week, he was on a roll, and by golly he was, also to Tate, on being the first, VUMTQRL Champion, the new era in TQ racing, and to all who participated in the racing this year, all the behind the scenes staff, and help. Hope we can join you again next year.Bob

1 member likes this post: Uncle_Charlie
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Updates from LBurg tonite??