IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > too much?
7/27/17, 3:08 AM   #1
too much?
flagboy55

Saturday is race day, and boy is it. LPS has a big race, Paragon has their KISS race, the Burg has BOSS, not to mention Montpelier has a wing race. And the big guns of the United States Auto Club are racing on the other side of the Mississippi River. I also noticed that there's a WAR race scheduled. I'm very curious to see how the car counts and attendance shakes out. I love the fact that I live in the Hoosier state, the world's hot bed of non wing sprint car racing, and all the choices that come with it, but I wonder if sometimes it's not too much of a good thing. The racing this weekend might answer my question

2 members like this post: oldfan49, ronmil
7/27/17, 8:40 AM   #2
Re: too much?
Nate

I've felt that way in the past when a lot is going on but on a similar weekend this season when you'd have thought tracks were going to get low teens or single digit car counts, we got the exact opposite.

On May 13 USAC was running alongside the Outlaws at Eldora as part of the #LetsRaceTwo weekend while MSCS was with MOWA at Haubstadt. LPS, Lawrenceburg and Paragon were also running and BOSS was running over in Ohio at Fremont.

Fremont - 40 cars
Eldora - 23 cars
LPS - 22 cars
Paragon - 22 cars
Haubstadt - 19 cars
Burg - 17 cars

So with the exception of falling a few cars short at Haubstadt and Lawrenceburg, those were all full features and the track with the least cars (Lawrenceburg) was paying $2500 to win that night.

Do I think we have too much going on sometimes? Absolutely. But as long as car owners and drivers are willing to put themselves and their money on the line I'll support them.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, GYATK94, tirespinner
7/27/17, 8:51 AM   #3
david mitchell
Banned

This is true flagboy,my concern is that you are posting at 3 am.😹😹😹😹😹😹😹😹you are right,sometimes it seems there is just too much.dilutes the fans,the cars,etc.all of these different associations are really a recent thing.started in the 70s.used to be usac and everything else.and everything else was not much.you had different organizations,but they were regional.for example,if you lived here you probably were not going to ascot on sat nite for cra.now,there are so many within a short driving distance.there are way too many racing organizations in this country for every type of racecar.i sometimes think that is why the people who are hardcore fans seem so exhausted and why it is difficult to get new fans.every sport in this country,baseball,hockey,football,and basketball have the top league ang a few others below it.easy to follow.racing ,not so much.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, nathans1012
7/27/17, 10:15 AM   #4
flagboy55

Thanks for your concern David, working midnight's this week, posted on my lunch break.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, nathans1012, tirespinner
7/27/17, 10:30 AM   #5
sprinter31

Plus Charleston Illinois is also running, LoL I think the best car count may be WAR Friday night at Grain Valley with USAC guys coming a day early. Lowest car count may be Lakeside sat night 15 to 18, with Casey upping the pay with WAR Saturday to start, entices the low budget WAR teams. Moberly Sunday night might be a good car count.
JMO

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/27/17, 11:30 AM   #6
sprinter31

Grain Valley is rained out.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
7/27/17, 11:31 AM   #7
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Saturday is race day, and boy is it. LPS has a big race, Paragon has their KISS race, the Burg has BOSS, not to mention Montpelier has a wing race. And the big guns of the United States Auto Club are racing on the other side of the Mississippi River. I also noticed that there's a WAR race scheduled. I'm very curious to see how the car counts and attendance shakes out. I love the fact that I live in the Hoosier state, the world's hot bed of non wing sprint car racing, and all the choices that come with it, but I wonder if sometimes it's not too much of a good thing. The racing this weekend might answer my question
Kiss race re scheduled lol against putnamville no such thing as kiss anymore

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/27/17, 12:52 PM   #8
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsracing View Post
Kiss race re scheduled lol against putnamville no such thing as kiss anymore
It's the King of Indiana Sprint Special. Yes, it has the same initials as the King of Indiana Sprint Series.

7/27/17, 1:00 PM   #9
Backitin

Exactly zero nonwing sprintcar races anywhere around here. Yep, too many races. You guys got a real problem.

3 members like this post: dirt330, interpreter66, ROSCO
7/27/17, 10:23 PM   #10
captrat

If this does not change we are slowly going to implode and lose what we love.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, oldfan49, ROSCO, Sandy Lowe
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > too much?