IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier 2024 ??????
1/9/24, 1:33 PM   #1
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Been reading a lot of comments on social media that smells of issues at Montpelier for 2024.

Numerous series have indicated they are not receiving a response from the 2023 man in charge (Chad King?) in an attempt to schedule 2024 events.

No posts on Facebook since 11/2/23.

No word on the 2023 banquet.

Anyone have any insight into what is going on at Montpelier?
Last edited by OnTheHammer; 1/9/24 at 7:22 PM.

2/6/24, 5:07 PM   #2
Re: Montpelier 2024 ??????
OnTheHammer

Crickets..........

2/7/24, 2:37 AM   #3
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Track will be open this year. Got my info from someone who helps sponsor the track. The old Facebook page apparently has Chad blocked from posting. Don't be surprised to see a new Facebook page up soon.

This is what I've been told.

Chad has done A TON in the off season expanding the pit area, getting new clay, working on the PA system. Currently he is blocked from the tracks Facebook page and this is why you haven’t seen him post on there. SOMEBODY needs to STEP ASIDE and let Chad King run his race track! He has such a wide and never-ending vision of where he wants Montpelier Motor Speedway to be and mean to the city of Montpelier. Late models, mods stocks minis same as last year ect. Having over 100 cars every Saturday night. Not many tracks can boast that. Because of this one person is why you haven’t heard anything from him…I WANT this track to fully succeed and be the best track in the Midwest!! LET CHAD BE FULLY IN CHARGE!!!!

2/7/24, 10:20 AM   #4
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Good info there Nathans...I personally heard nothing but great news all of 2023 on how well Chad King was doing with the track and it came from several drivers and teams including some of the best drivers and teams that run at that track. Lots and lots of drivers returned to the track that had previously left the track due to the former promoter. It's a shame in life when a person can't handle that someone is doing a great job and instead of applauding them they do everything they can to get in their way or stop them.

As far as the Facebook thing goes, doesn't surprise me. Gas City Speedway Facebook page blocked comments from being made after the now former promoter posted that he was stepping away and moving on and that the track would be under new management.

2/27/24, 9:09 AM   #5
OnTheHammer

[QUOTE=nathans1012;572083]Track will be open this year. Got my info from someone who helps sponsor the track. The old Facebook page apparently has Chad blocked from posting. Don't be surprised to see a new Facebook page up soon.

This is what I've been told.

Chad has done A TON in the off season expanding the pit area, getting new clay, working on the PA system. Currently he is blocked from the tracks Facebook page and this is why you haven’t seen him post on there. SOMEBODY needs to STEP ASIDE and let Chad King run his race track! He has such a wide and never-ending vision of where he wants Montpelier Motor Speedway to be and mean to the city of Montpelier. Late models, mods stocks minis same as last year ect. Having over 100 cars every Saturday night. Not many tracks can boast that. Because of this one person is why you haven’t heard anything from him…I WANT this track to fully succeed and be the best track in the Midwest!! LET CHAD BE FULLY IN CHARGE!!

Anyone have any updates?

2/27/24, 11:07 AM   #6
racefan20

He is welcome to post information here until he gets the FB problem figured out

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2/27/24, 12:05 PM   #7
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I was wondering why that he hasn't done that already.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

4 members like this post: Grocery Guy, jdull99, OnTheHammer, wallbanger II
2/27/24, 12:47 PM   #8
OnTheHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Also, a new Facebook page can be set-up in a matter of minutes. There has to be more to the story?

3 members like this post: dkdorkboy, jdull99, PIT CART
2/28/24, 1:14 PM   #9
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

From what I’ve heard from a very good source that helps with sponsors. Blame Harold. He’s the one holding things up. Chad is trying to by the track from him and has a lot of plans including expanding the pit area. My understanding the schedule is pretty much done and has the towns approval and close 10 of the races are mid week shows.
Last edited by nathans1012; 2/28/24 at 1:16 PM.

1 member likes this post: OnTheHammer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier 2024 ??????