IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Stewart To Enter Indoor USAC Event
11/14/07, 7:46 PM   #1
Tony Stewart To Enter Indoor USAC Event
bigmojo5

Tony Stewart To Enter Ft. Wayne

Fort Wayne, Ind. (October 24, 2007) - Two-time NASCAR NEXTEL Series champion Tony Stewart is slated to return to his USAC Racing roots in the 10th Annual Rumble In Fort Wayne Indoor USAC Midget event in late December. The two-day event will be held at the Fort Wayne (Ind.) Memorial Coliseum Expo Center on Friday, Dec. 28, and Saturday, Dec. 29, 2007.

Stewart, who is quick to express his excitement about competing in the event, is looking forward to returning to the 1/8 th mile indoor racing facility later this season.

"Open-wheel racing, particularly midget car racing, has always been like a reset button for me. I really enjoy competing in the midget series and it's great to be able to take a break from the day-to-day grind and race in Fort Wayne. If my schedule allows, I always try to compete in this event. Hopefully, I'll be able to get my sixth win at the Coliseum this year. One way or the other, it's going to be a lot of fun trying."

Stewart, the 1995 USAC Triple Crown Series Champion, has competed in the Rumble in Fort Wayne event on several occasions. In a last minute decision to compete in 2004, Stewart competed unbeknownst to fans under the name of Mikey Fedorcak, Jr. The Columbus, Ind., native has competed in the event several times and has collected five feature victories to date.

Stewart first attended the event with his father, Nelson, when they were held on the floor of Memorial Coliseum in the 1980's. These days, Nelson joins Stewart's two USAC Racing Series teams as part of the crew that maintains the 'Munchkin' midget car he regularly competes with in the event. The notorious "Munchkin' car is kept at the Tony Stewart Racing facility in Brownsburg, Ind., until Stewart is ready to put it back into action in late December each year.

Other past USAC Racing Series champions expected to compete in this year's Rumble in Fort Wayne event include Mel Kenyon, Dave Darland, Tony Elliott and Penske Racing developmental driver Billy Wease.

This year's two-day event will feature full programs for the USAC Midget Series, Outlaws Modified Winged Midgets, Slingshots, Junior Sprints and Quarter Midgets. Front gates will open both Friday and Saturday at 12 p.m. EDT. Heat races and for the USAC Midget Series will begin after 7 p.m. EDT.

Participants and fans are reminded that an entry form, hotel racers rates, ticket and event info can be obtained e-mailing Tony Barhorst at tbracefest@aol.com or visiting the www.rumbleseries.com website, or calling 317-418-3216.

For more information regarding Stewart or Tony Stewart Racing, please visit www.tonystewart.com or www.tonystewartracing.com. For more information regarding USAC Racing, please visit www.usacracing.com.

###
Posted by Tony Barhorst

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Stewart To Enter Indoor USAC Event