mortboyz

...."golf applause"....
:applaud::rolling::respect::applaud::rolling:

11/12/07, 6:47 PM   #62
Re: Usac
smbpreformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
How do you know they don't? How many sanctions publicly advertise what their drug testing policy is or isn't? If you do not have written proof one way or the other, the the argument is pointless.

I'm not one of the mods on here, but me thinks it's time to turn out the lights and lock the door on this one.
It is easy to know if USAC has a drug testing policy or not......Just like every other company in America it must be stated in the company handbook (rulebook in this case)

This is the law and drug testings laws are very clear cut due to the amount of law suits there have been regarding the subject

11/12/07, 6:53 PM   #63
Sprint63122

So now everyone wants to test every driver for anything now I guess just think how many people you drive with on the everyday road anymore are all jacked up on something these days.Question is if you are going to check them for drugs and alcohol what do you do for the ones that the car is gear but there brain isnt and they are completely clean now what.

11/12/07, 7:13 PM   #64
RichC

Quote:
Does it not change your thought above when the positive test is from someone who competes in an event as dangerous as auto racing ??
Actually, a positive drug test alone doesn't prove that the person is intoxicated. Drug tests aren't like alcohol/DUI tests. If you fail a DUI test, you had alcohol in your system at that minute. If you fail a drug test, it might only prove that you had drugs in your system in the last 2weeks. I fear the driver who is heavily hung over more than the driver who smoked pot two weeks prior to the race.

Having said that, driving a race car is a privilege not a right. The NASCAR approach to testing appears to be fair. I'm not opposed to some sort of random testing at our level of racing. They do have "instant" oral swab type screens that don't require peeing in a cup. A positive test means that you are excluded until you test clean weekly for 30? 60? days. 2nd failure means 1 yr exclusion. 3rd time and you are done.

While it may appear on the face of it that I am condoning drug use. The reality is that my original post had more to do with the attitudes of some that feel like Walker, Hmiel & Fike should spend the rest of their lives as subhumans. Did anyone stop to think that perhaps USAC DID require Walker to jump through some hoops in order to compete again? Particularly in an event that shared the bill with the group that excluded him in the first place?

Quote:
As far as I can tell, Brenda Darland is the only one to have her head on straight and actually use it for it's intended purpose.
I have a feeling that Mr Snyder would agree with that.

11/12/07, 7:32 PM   #65
Goatboy

To me it is really simple, we are all free to make choices, all choices have consequences, as someone else stated, driving a racecar is a privelidge not a right, if you want to smoke weed or do harder drugs, that is your choice, but I personally don't think you should choose to race and do drugs, whether it is the day of or a week later, nor do I think the smart responsible racers should get drunk or hammered the night before a race!

But then I don't think you should drink and drive on the highway, text message while driving, read while driving etc,ect,ect!

I supose some will think I'm just a small minded facist?
Well go :censor: yourself if you are in that group!

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

11/12/07, 8:45 PM   #66
Tyler Shoemaker

I am not completely sure but I believe almost every sanctioning body that has insurance has a drug testing policy. That would make a club very liable anyways. I believe the correct usage of words would read, USAC (or whoever) reserves the right to let anyone compete for any notable reason they feel that could be deterimental to .......

Someone may want to check on this further but I am pretty sure you can find it somewhere in the rule book.

Tyler Shoemaker
www.tylershoemakerracing.com

11/13/07, 12:09 AM   #67
Enigma_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy View Post
As far as I can tell, Brenda Darland is the only one to have her head on straight and actually use it for it's intended purpose. The rest use it for a seat cushion on the ride to the race.
Brenda sure dont like one certain head :applaud:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac