Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac
11/10/07, 10:01 AM   #31
Re: Usac
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatboy View Post
GIVE ME A FRIGGIN BREAK!
Everybody, everybody, deals with their own personal demons EVERYDAY!
Tyler Walker has not screwed up just once, he has been caught more than once!
Everybody is forgetting, these guys are setting the example for the young racers who either haven't started yet or are racing go karts and micro's right now.
If the sport turns a blind eye to this problem it will only get bigger and more widely accepted! Then what?

I guess if your neighbor steals from you, you should give him a second chance and a third, maybe even a fourth!
Yea right! Both are ******** acts!

This crap should not be tolerated by any sanction, or local track!
Set the damn example and teach the young kids this behavior will cost you.......BIG! Then this won't even be an issue, otherwise it just gets bigger!

You wanna smoke weed, fine it's a free country (although it is still against the law) just go sit in the stands and watch!
Stay off the track if getting high is so important to you!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
I can't find one thing to disagree with in this post.

[QUOTE][As someone above said, members of this society have become too self righteous. I ene talked to JV before they left for this race and He stated that Tyler is a good young man who made a mistake. Are we going to punish him the rest of his life. He's in a pressure filled dangerous business that could end his life in a painful second for our entertainment. He screwed up and lost a terrific opportunity money wise. Don't try to close the door on his life and his talent. Most everyone on this board has moments in their life they'e just as soon everyone forget or over look because they know they are good people that made an error, and most have paid for it. Let it die and give Tyler the beneifit of the doubt in dealing with His own Deamons. I'm sure it takes alot of courage just to keep coming to the track the first year or so after an incident like this. Lets not try to make his life any harder. JV and Tyler are friends and I'm glad the both had the courage of conviction and friendship to put him in the car. Let he who is with out sin cast the first stone. /QUOTE]

Then I am proud to consider myself one of the self righteous people on this board. I have done things that I am not proud of but I never "dealt with my deamons" doing something so absurdly STUPID as doing drugs, binge drinking, or any other act of depravity

Get real people. This isn't some ball sport where if you are doped up you can hurt yourself or maybe another athlete and that's it. If you screw up you could get yourself, your fellow drivers, the fans, pit crews or officials seriously hurt or killed because you are spaced out on some drugs.

This is a topic that can be solved easily. Drug offense in racing = once and done. This is a sport not a game. If the games want to let athletes get multiple offenses against their career then let them.

"He might be a great talent" Sorry I don't care if he is the next Mears, Foyt, or Earnhardt. If he is a drug user he has no business trying to display his talents.

Too bad society has gotten so accepting of behiavior like this.

11/10/07, 10:43 AM   #32
sprint 98j

I'm really impressed with the perfectness of everyone here. I saw this covered on a bumper sticker once. "Christians aren't perfect They just tell you they are." I think that philosopy would fit here. Just a second while I find my Scarlet letter collection. You don't know if he's dealing with pain from racing injuries or what Unless your him don't judge. and anyway its not your car and there are plenty of scary drivers with or with out drugs.

11/10/07, 11:08 AM   #33
Pat O'Connor Fan

Some folks blinders fit really well, don't they.
Who is next, Shane Hmeil ??

11/10/07, 11:29 AM   #34
cecil98

HEY FELLAS! it's getting much too combative here! :angry-smiley-007:
let's all calm down and break into an energetic rendition of that old Ren and Stempy song classic "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!!!!"

I'm going to start a new thread here to deflect attention away from all of the rancor and discord!! Feel free to read it and chime in!

11/10/07, 11:38 AM   #35
Stagger

I know a lot of folks on here have no clue about drugs or there effect. What you do on your own time is not anyones buisness. If you smoke a Fatty on Monday night 99.9% of the time you will test positive for THC on Friday night and be straight as an arrow.. Whats funny is you can do coke, crack, Meth or even Herion or Beer or shots on Wed. and still test clean on Friday night. So if some one is partaking during the week there is no residule effects that would harm a soul. I love all the old timers being so judgmental. Before you talk trash know what you are talking about first.

11/10/07, 12:50 PM   #36
psullivan

should a driver get banned for getting a DUI or DWI?

11/10/07, 1:16 PM   #37
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by psullivan View Post
should a driver get banned for getting a DUI or DWI?

No PAT! I got one back in '87 and I haven't ruled out driving the kid's sprinter in a funfest or two before I'm too old and weak to do it(that's coming soon)!!! Let's say DUI's are OK and any one who has EVER taken drugs is out!!:kookoo2:

11/10/07, 1:18 PM   #38
RacinFool

It seems that DUI ans DWI issues cause massive waves in NASCRAP.:icon_smile_blackeye

11/10/07, 2:22 PM   #39
Enigma_4

umm, yes he failed a piss test. but..... does he use before he goes out on the track, i doubt it very much. it's kinda of funny that i've heard storys that Opperman use to smoke weed before he raced. most of the people that bash about drugs have never used them their selves and dont understand everything about them. i highly doubt TW was useing before he raced. afterwards, maybe, but thats after the race

11/10/07, 2:24 PM   #40
smbpreformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Looking back to that thread, I now see that it was smbperformance (Sean). Sorry about that, Ty.

Jerry
Yeah it was me but I was more curous about if USAC changed the ruling or not and I asked the question with out mechining any names not wanting to bash some one who has gotten their life turned around

Here is the simple fact Was he clean when he took the track NO ONE KNOWS EXECPT HIM. USAC did not know his car owner did not know and the other drivers on the track did not know.

How do I know this becuase USAC DOES NOT HAVE A DRUG TESTING POLICY. If they tested him that would be illegal. They currently do not have any rules about drivers who were banned in other series for substance abuse racing with them (USAC 2007 Rule Book) and if they did not allow him to race they would be opening themselves up to a huge lawsuit that they would loose. And now that they have let him race after his suspension even if they install that rule he is grandfathered in and they can not stop him from competing in the future. Did they drug test him NO they had no legal right to drug test him with out a substance policy they are not allowed to test him unless they impliment a policy and test everyone

USAC had their hands tied because they have choose not to take an official stance prevously and impliment a policy that is fair across the bored.
Weither you like it or not they are bound by the same rules every company in America is bound by and there is a strict protocall for handling these situations

Do I think he should race.........If he can prove he is clean when he straps in the car then yes..............but I also think all drivers should have to prove that not just him

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac