IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac
11/9/07, 9:15 PM   #21
Re: Usac
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlydirt View Post
Wasnt me Jerry, I didnt even know they ran it yet. Just got on today to catch up. I could care less what he does, its the other drivers he races against that should stand up and care.
Looking back to that thread, I now see that it was smbperformance (Sean). Sorry about that, Ty.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

11/9/07, 9:21 PM   #22
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmojo5 View Post
If he tests clean, let him race. I would say the same thing about Fike, or anybody else.

One thing which has bothered me about this nation in the last few years has been the persecution complex that runs throughout out society. The United States used to be a land of second, third and even fourth chances. Too many today seem to want one strike and you're out. Of course, that's normally for the other guy.

I understand that this person has had a full count in his last at-bat and went down swinging But, the game's not over yet
Jim Morrison
Jim,

The guy's already past the point that NASCAR thinks that's he's OK, as long as he's drug tested. As many chances as he's had, it's fair to say that there is a problem there. In racing, they have to side with caution, when it comes to driver safety and what's going to stop someone with a "problem" from slippling into the trailer, before the race and after he's been tested and getting high?

Jerry

Winston Churchill

11/9/07, 9:38 PM   #23
BrentTFunk

Here is my problem. We do not know what he tested for. Was it recreational or was it performance enhancing? Was it a legal or an illegal substance? No one on here knows for sure and I think it is wrong to speculate without knowing any facts, only gossip.

11/9/07, 9:54 PM   #24
chad

Everytime I go out on a job in skilled trades construction I have to go for a drug screen. I can't believe the number of people who throw away the kind of money I make for some high they get from drugs. I am not hear to judge, To each his own, but it is something that I will never understand.

11/9/07, 10:11 PM   #25
Onlydirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Looking back to that thread, I now see that it was smbperformance (Sean). Sorry about that, Ty.

Jerry
No need for an apology Jerry, I just didnt want someone to run off with me being the power hungry cop stuff thats all. Being it is bashing season!

11/9/07, 10:58 PM   #26
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Here is my problem. We do not know what he tested for. Was it recreational or was it performance enhancing? Was it a legal or an illegal substance? No one on here knows for sure and I think it is wrong to speculate without knowing any facts, only gossip.
Considering him and his GF were seen shooting Heroine in Kings Islands parking lot.

Well............
Chuck, who doesn't know how this case turned out but she was trying to take the fall.

11/10/07, 2:51 AM   #27
Eagle14

"I don't like the drugs, but the drugs like meeeeeee" The off seasons going to be a seriously eventful time on the ole' message board:kookoo2:

11/10/07, 8:25 AM   #28
sprint 98j

As someone above said, members of this society have become too self righteous. I ene talked to JV before they left for this race and He stated that Tyler is a good young man who made a mistake. Are we going to punish him the rest of his life. He's in a pressure filled dangerous business that could end his life in a painful second for our entertainment. He screwed up and lost a terrific opportunity money wise. Don't try to close the door on his life and his talent. Most everyone on this board has moments in their life they'e just as soon everyone forget or over look because they know they are good people that made an error, and most have paid for it. Let it die and give Tyler the beneifit of the doubt in dealing with His own Deamons. I'm sure it takes alot of courage just to keep coming to the track the first year or so after an incident like this. Lets not try to make his life any harder. JV and Tyler are friends and I'm glad the both had the courage of conviction and friendship to put him in the car. Let he who is with out sin cast the first stone.

11/10/07, 8:55 AM   #29
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Considering him and his GF were seen shooting Heroine in Kings Islands parking lot.

Well............
Chuck, who doesn't know how this case turned out but she was trying to take the fall.

I think you have someone else in mind there Chuck.

11/10/07, 9:34 AM   #30
Goatboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint 98j View Post
As someone above said, members of this society have become too self righteous. I ene talked to JV before they left for this race and He stated that Tyler is a good young man who made a mistake. Are we going to punish him the rest of his life. He's in a pressure filled dangerous business that could end his life in a painful second for our entertainment. He screwed up and lost a terrific opportunity money wise. Don't try to close the door on his life and his talent. Most everyone on this board has moments in their life they'e just as soon everyone forget or over look because they know they are good people that made an error, and most have paid for it. Let it die and give Tyler the beneifit of the doubt in dealing with His own Deamons. I'm sure it takes alot of courage just to keep coming to the track the first year or so after an incident like this. Lets not try to make his life any harder. JV and Tyler are friends and I'm glad the both had the courage of conviction and friendship to put him in the car. Let he who is with out sin cast the first stone.

GIVE ME A FRIGGIN BREAK!
Everybody, everybody, deals with their own personal demons EVERYDAY!
Tyler Walker has not screwed up just once, he has been caught more than once!
Everybody is forgetting, these guys are setting the example for the young racers who either haven't started yet or are racing go karts and micro's right now.
If the sport turns a blind eye to this problem it will only get bigger and more widely accepted! Then what?

I guess if your neighbor steals from you, you should give him a second chance and a third, maybe even a fourth!
Yea right! Both are ******** acts!

This crap should not be tolerated by any sanction, or local track!
Set the damn example and teach the young kids this behavior will cost you.......BIG! Then this won't even be an issue, otherwise it just gets bigger!

You wanna smoke weed, fine it's a free country (although it is still against the law) just go sit in the stands and watch!
Stay off the track if getting high is so important to you!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac