IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac
11/9/07, 12:31 PM   #11
Re: Usac
OpenwheelRob

IMO Walker or Fike shouldn't be in a ride. To me that means two seats taken that could be filled with someone else more deserving.

Why is it that when owners get drivers or cars they look at the past, I use the term "Proven Winners" Thats what they want.

Well my question is what have these guys Proven? To me "Proven Users".

They had good oppurtunities and chose to piss them away. As they say you don't get a 2nd Chance to make a 1st impression.

11/9/07, 12:58 PM   #12
bigmojo5

If he tests clean, let him race. I would say the same thing about Fike, or anybody else.

One thing which has bothered me about this nation in the last few years has been the persecution complex that runs throughout out society. The United States used to be a land of second, third and even fourth chances. Too many today seem to want one strike and you're out. Of course, that's normally for the other guy.

I understand that this person has had a full count in his last at-bat and went down swinging But, the game's not over yet
Jim Morrison

11/9/07, 1:45 PM   #13
Onlydirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
I believe that onlydirt (Ty) was the first to comment on this, on one of the Copper World threads, last night.

And your point is spot on. A driver that has been banned for drug use, by one organization, has no business racing in another. I mean what does that say about USAC's opinion of it's self? And of it's own standards?

Jerry
Wasnt me Jerry, I didnt even know they ran it yet. Just got on today to catch up. I could care less what he does, its the other drivers he races against that should stand up and care.

11/9/07, 2:08 PM   #14
NJDMONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.P. View Post
:kookoo2::kookoo2::kookoo2::kookoo2:
I can't believe he posted that either, EP.

15 minutes later, I'm still dying.

11/9/07, 2:39 PM   #15
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.P. View Post
:kookoo2::kookoo2::kookoo2::kookoo2:
Eric, your choice of icons just about says it all.......

11/9/07, 3:30 PM   #16
BrentTFunk

No one on this board knows anything about this, and as such should not speculate. Anything between the driver and the sancioning body is considered medical, and private. If he meets approval and some one allows him in their car that is up to the car owner. Some people are not happy unless they are in someone elses misery.

11/9/07, 4:05 PM   #17
RacinFool

Very good point.

11/9/07, 4:47 PM   #18
StickittotheManITS

Honestly how many people on here would be pissed of if one of those drivers who got banned would have sold drugs to one of your kids. I know taking and sell are two different things but really. It doesnt matter. Who cares if you can drive or not. It is the image of the sport that matters here. And if nascar doesnt want that type of riff-raff then why would sprints, midgets, or silver crown. I am okay with second chances but make them work for it. Just dont slap their wrists and say "bad boy dont ever do that again."

11/9/07, 4:55 PM   #19
OpenwheelRob

I believe the only way to show that an organization will not tolerate such behavior is to take a swift and strong stance against it. IMO that is why racing doesn't have the problems the stick and ball sports do when it comes to this kinda thing.

Just out of curiousity, if you don't take a stand on the first offense.

How many chances should one get?

11/9/07, 9:04 PM   #20
RandyF46

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenwheelRob View Post
I believe the only way to show that an organization will not tolerate such behavior is to take a swift and strong stance against it. IMO that is why racing doesn't have the problems the stick and ball sports do when it comes to this kinda thing.

Just out of curiousity, if you don't take a stand on the first offense.

How many chances should one get?

Well, when somebody gets hurt of course.

Take a stand. Enforce a strong, no tolerance position.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac