IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Plymouth: UMP Modifieds added to WOO Sprint show. 5/13.
5/10/16, 9:13 AM   #31
Re: Plymouth: UMP Modifieds added to WOO Sprint show. 5/13.
plymouthfan

7 Kunz cars is what I heard

5/10/16, 9:14 AM   #32
plymouthfan

Don,
It is part of the USAC Indiana Series. Call Levi Jones on rules.

5/10/16, 10:03 AM   #33
DonMoore10

According to what I was told by Levi Jones there is no tire rule for the D2 or speedy USAC midgets or whatever they are called. So those races are USAC sanctioned and there is no tire rule unless you join USAC and want a piece of the point fund money. Here now is a USAC series that pays a bit over a third of the National purse with an outrageous pit pass fee and we have to buy purple tires. In my 16 years as a car owner I have never benefited from a tire rule staged by the purple tire company to eliminate competition. Not one dime, race fans. I run American Racers, better tire, much better price and a lot happier that I don't have to participate in a deal that reaps no benefits for the average owner/driver. So I'm taking the advice of IOW fans that has been published on here time and time again... If you don't like it, stay home. The day these stupid tire rules are eliminated will be a better day for all those that have to deal with this nonsense.

6 members like this post: cwfan08, PIT CART, Rich Mersereau, spicoli, tirespinner, TQ29m
5/10/16, 11:29 AM   #34
flagboy55

I don't really have a problem with the mods getting thrown in, I just hope Chris doesn't get his wish. My concern is the track. I talked to a person who raced there this past Saturday and his description of the track was "awful, really bad". Let's hope they get a handle on it by Friday

2 members like this post: cwfan08, Nate
5/10/16, 12:07 PM   #35
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post
SLS Promotions sets the pit pass price. It's like that at all WoO events that I know of.
SLS isn't promoting this show
Last edited by Nate; 5/10/16 at 1:37 PM. Reason: I can't read a schedule

5/10/16, 12:19 PM   #36
LeviJones20

If you go to usacracing.com then go to schedules for whatever series you are needing info. You can click on info next to event

5/10/16, 12:33 PM   #37
PGAPro

"Also I don't know about Kunz cars since Powri is running the same night. They've been running that series pretty steady, Thorson is 2nd in points."

Powri National Midgets don't run again until May 20th according to their schedule.

5/10/16, 12:56 PM   #38
plymouthfan

Just Heard Tanner and Holly are going to be there in the Kunz cars

5/10/16, 1:00 PM   #39
plymouthfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I don't really have a problem with the mods getting thrown in, I just hope Chris doesn't get his wish. My concern is the track. I talked to a person who raced there this past Saturday and his description of the track was "awful, really bad". Let's hope they get a handle on it by Friday
Person that said it was awful probably didnt run good. Want a perfect track go asphalt racing. It never changes, that is part of the challenge.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
5/10/16, 1:36 PM   #40
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGAPro View Post
"Also I don't know about Kunz cars since Powri is running the same night. They've been running that series pretty steady, Thorson is 2nd in points."

Powri National Midgets don't run again until May 20th according to their schedule.
My bad, I was week ahead on their schedule

2 members like this post: cwfan08, PGAPro
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Plymouth: UMP Modifieds added to WOO Sprint show. 5/13.