IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kid Modz!
11/13/07, 12:04 AM   #1
Kid Modz!
Joey Woods

I copied this from 4m, any thoughts?

Introducing Kid Modz, a Brand New Dirt Racing Series

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Pierce Race Cars is proud to launch a new series called the Kid Modz, geared toward kids ages 12-18. The series is designed to start and keep kids in our sport. With this series, we will be building the next generation of Modified and Late Model drivers. Our intentions are to start kids with either quarter midget, gocart, 4 cylinder, or even no driving experience, and put them through a training and testing session before being certified to race.

We have 7 tracks already committed to the series and plan to add several more to the list. The tracks on board at this point include Farmer City, IL; Lincoln, IL; Granite City, IL; Danville, IL; Lake Ozark, MO; Fairbury, IL; and Brownstown, IN.

The plan for the series is to begin the season with 12-15 racers (or more), and to race 10-12 tracks over the summer, hitting each track 3-4 times throughout the season. We want to run this as a traveling series for kids, hopefully adding more interest and more drivers as we go. It will take a big commitment from the families who first enter the series. They will be asked to travel to all of the hosting tracks on the dates scheduled. It will be a lot of fun and a huge learning experience for these kids, as we will be racing on the same tracks as professional modified, late model, and sprint car drivers. The more we race, the more we learn.

At this point, there will not be a nightly purse payout. There will be trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, sponsored by UMP. There will be a points fund at the end of the season consisting of the money and products sponsored to us. We are talking to many sponsors at this point and will announce a complete list upon completion of our agreements.

The main goal for this series is to give the kids the experience they need before moving up the ladder. The level of experience may vary from kid to kid. It

11/13/07, 6:50 AM   #2
Re: Kid Modz!
Al Soran

Sounds like a car builders/promotors dream. You can only buy from me, you will have full expenses (car, fuel, pit passes, etc.), and no payout. Unbelievable. If this takes off, I would like to nominate Bob Pierce to the Monopoly/Entrepreneurs Hall of Fame.

11/13/07, 11:28 AM   #3
Re: Kid Modz!
Pat O'Connor Fan

I saw his show car at Springfield this past weekend. It seemed to be a full-sized Mod, completely tube-framed, extremely well-built race car with a Ranger 4 banger (2-barrel carb, header, etc). I heard $20K.

BTW, Bob's young son was kicking fannies in the QM races!! A chip off the ol' block! I know having an expert doing the set-up helps a ton, but that youngster can certainly drive.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kid Modz!