IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT Badlands Motor Speedway
3/16/17, 10:45 AM   #21
Re: OT Badlands Motor Speedway
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot1 View Post
Great newsday around here......................first find out that another race track is shutting down and then find out that USAC is not scheduling any 2017 races West of Illinois. There goes all the non-wing racing around here..........................poof, gone................................
USAC sprints are running at Greenwood, NE on June 2nd. Also running Lakeside in Kansas on July 29th & Randolph County, Missouri on July 30th. USAC midgets are running at Jefferson Co., NE on August 1st, Solomon Valley, KS on August 2nd and Belleville, KS on August 4th and 5th.

Bruce Eckel

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PJ Wright
3/16/17, 2:45 PM   #22
Re: OT Badlands Motor Speedway

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
So back to this place. I saw where they now have an abbreviated schedule this season but they just released a schedule for 2018...a bit early for that isn't it?

On the other hand, the place is really nice and any racing is good racing to me so I hope it all goes down as planned. Just odd.
Could be that an operating track has a higher value and give them a better chance at getting their asking price. A track with no plans to run, racers find other place to run or sell their stuff, fans make plans to go elsewhere, sponsors leave. Badlands seems to be looking for a buyer to pay top dollar for a fully operating business.

With that said maybe this year was a mistake in the plan when they hastily called off the whole season then later added in some big events. I wish they would of put the gold cup back on this year. I was really looking forward to the new format with USAC sprints and midgets.

3/16/17, 4:33 PM   #23
Jsr7s

That's planning ahead I guess
Last edited by Jsr7s; 3/16/17 at 4:35 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT Badlands Motor Speedway