IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Quarter Midget Classifieds > question...
9/25/12, 8:49 AM   #1
question...
drew6869

Are Nervo Chassis a good brand? I can get a Nervo 1900 or a Nervo 2000. Don't know what the difference is if any. Also these are rollers. What motor would I need to get for a beginner that is 5 yrs old, where to purchase and cost? Are the tires and wheels the same as karting tires and wheels. Burris, Vega, etc... What are some good shocks also, place to purchase and cost...? Thanks for any help. Andrew Pollock.

Posted via Mobile Device

9/26/12, 6:46 AM   #2
TQ97

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew6869 View Post
Are Nervo Chassis a good brand? I can get a Nervo 1900 or a Nervo 2000. Don't know what the difference is if any. Also these are rollers. What motor would I need to get for a beginner that is 5 yrs old, where to purchase and cost? Are the tires and wheels the same as karting tires and wheels. Burris, Vega, etc... What are some good shocks also, place to purchase and cost...? Thanks for any help. Andrew Pollock.

Posted via Mobile Device
Either are good beginner cars to start off with. You'll need a honda 120 engine ranging from $300 used to $1000 new from a builder, depends how much you want to spend and how often. There are lots of good builders, probably want to use someone close to u. Shocks are expensive but very important and $100 used to $200 new each. look at Outlaw Shock Company for AFCOs or Advanced Racing for ARS. Again you can start off with less but depends on if you keep running and want to get more competitive later. It ends up being less expensive in the long run to buy good stuff than buying junk and then buying good. Tires depends on what track (s) you'll be running at??

Posted via Mobile Device

9/26/12, 8:48 PM   #3
blisteredRRear

I would stay away from the pro 2000 they are very temperamental. The 1900 is very reliable and is a consistent car. We have one and win occasionally in SR. Honda now and won consistently in rookie. Driver style is important along with cross weight. The pro requires long shaft shocks from ARS, otherwise seems likethe right front will not carry enough weight some add a spacer plate to lower the RF shock. The 1900 would be my choice especially if you are to run any dirt. Addition of the nervo adjustable front axelnis a huge plus.

Posted via Mobile Device

9/28/12, 8:46 AM   #4
drew6869

Thanks the the info and help. I was leaning toward the 2000 because the guy said he thought it was the better of his 2. I will reconsider that now. He called and said he does have a Honda 120 motor that he has about $1000 in. So does $3500 sound fair for the car, motor, very few spares, and a 10' enclosed trailer, trailer has doors on rear not a ramp but looks to be in very good shape. Thanks again.

Posted via Mobile Device

9/28/12, 8:47 AM   #5
drew6869

Also... The car has Tanner air shocks. He says they are top of the line......?????

Posted via Mobile Device

9/28/12, 4:36 PM   #6
Re: question...
ROSS

Race Count Last Year: 53

In my opinion that is way to much. You can find some really nice competitive equipment for way less. We have less then $2500 in both our cars with motors included and have won a lot. Go to Quarter midgets of america and check there classifieds. Just my opinion.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Quarter Midget Classifieds > question...