IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jason Leffler
6/13/13, 1:25 PM   #61
Re: Jason Leffler
c47

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
Not like it matters now, but does anyone know what happened? I read he was running 2nd in his heat race and apparently something in the right front of the car broke and sent him into the wall and he starting flipping violently?

Just wondering if anyone had anymore information?
as i understand it (not 100% sure) he lost/broke a torsion stop and the torsion bar and arm slid out into the wheel causing him to lose steering. there was a rash of this type of thing happening in the 410 winged cars a couple seasons back but i have not heard of it happening for a while.
bridgeport is a VERY fast 5/8 mile track and sprint car wrecks tend to be pretty nasty as well as most other classes. i sincerely hope this will convince them to bulldoze the freakin place and build something smaller.....no need for that much speed and damage and injury caused by racing on a big track.

3 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, sc96, team3521
6/13/13, 2:52 PM   #62
Midget 89

Prayers for Charlie Dean, Jason's family and all his friends.

Wes Stafford
Last edited by Midget 89; 6/13/13 at 2:53 PM.

2 members like this post: garyc, leonhaupt
6/13/13, 3:07 PM   #63
sc96

His young son has really been on my heart since I herd about this!!!!! Out of everyone who is directly affected by this tragic event is the one who needs our prayers the most. Having the coolest dad ever taken away is just heart wrenching!!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

6/13/13, 3:28 PM   #64
mortboyz

Leffner, as we used to call him, was always on the gas in whatever he was in, and a pleasure to watch over the years. Great little racer who will be missed. Our condolences to his family and friends.
Godspeed Jason.

6/13/13, 3:29 PM   #65
big d

god speed there goes out to jason and family,,will be missed so much,,,,,td motorsports

6/13/13, 5:41 PM   #66
ThePurple73

Today I am remembering Jason racing around the bases at 16th Street speedway, racing at Terre Haute, racing at the many Indiana bull rings both sprints and midgets, whizzing down the front chute at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, driving the dirt miles in a champ dirt car with finesse, and the different forms of NASCAR on their super speedways. He had many smiles in winner circle situations. Many accomplishments.
A career racers dream of. He gave us many racing memories, please remember him and his family.
Our prayers are with you.

6/13/13, 6:56 PM   #67
micro94

RIP Jason. Lots of good racing has filled my head today he was involved in. Gone but never will be forgotten. Prayers go out to all his family and friends. Just one of many Jason Leffler fans.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jason Leffler