IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eric Gordon and HAR to Run 2018 Little 500
12/1/17, 7:20 AM   #1
Eric Gordon and HAR to Run 2018 Little 500
Gregg

From the Hoffman Racing Facebook page:

"ERIC GORDON TO PURSUE LITTLE 500 WIN #10
DRIVING THE ICONIC 69 HOFFMAN CAR IN
THE 2018 RACE

Loveland, OH (1 Dec. ,2017) – Hoffman Auto Racing (HAR) is taking great pride in
announcing that after a three year absence , 9 time Little 500 Champion Eric Gordon
will drive the Mean Green Hoffman Car in the 2018 classic. Lykins Energy Solutions,
and Hoosier Tire remain as associate sponsors. Hoffman Racing is privileged to once
again be designated as an official Military Order Of The Purple Heart Race Team.

Kevin Doran of Doran Racing, Lebanon Ohio , will return for 2018 . Kevin will help to
prepare the car and add valuable technical assistance. Kevin has vast experience in
racing , winning 6 -24 Hours Of Daytona, Sebring and Petite LeMans. He also has
Silver Crown, NASCAR truck and Indy car backgrounds.

Richard Hoffman President and CEO of HAR said” After winning the 2016 Little 5 and
running 3rd last year with Tony Stewart , I didn’t think the Team could get more excited
for the 2018 race. But when we found out Tony will be in Europe and unavailable for
2018, Eric Gordon mentioned he would like to give it another ride. Eric was invaluable
in helping us prepare for the race and as a driving coach for Tony last year and the bug
struck him again. We would like nothing more that to help him win #10 in 2018. The addition
of Kevin Doran to our Team will be a invaluable asset again this year”.

“ I am extremely excited to run for the Hoffman’s again, (Eric drove for HAR in the Silver
Crown Series) in pursuit of Little 500 win #10 “ commented Eric Gordon.
Eric’s illustrious career includes 3 USAC National Sprint Car Series Championship runner-
ups and 1 USAC Silver Crown Championship runner-up. He also was the 2017 PRA Champion
and drove in the NASCAR Busch Series as well as Indy Lights. Of course his 9 Little 500 victories
is unparalleled .

“A big shout out to Mean Green for stepping up and making our participation in this year’s
race possible. We encourage HAR and race fans to support Mean Green , they have been
a great supporter of HAR and Sprint Car racing “said Tim Waechter VP of Marketing/Public Relations
/ Social Media for HAR."

12/1/17, 8:33 AM   #2
Blacki-Suede

Do I get a prize for calling this several days ago?????

5 members like this post: erich45, jdull99, mc/rider, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
12/1/17, 9:14 AM   #3
Re: Eric Gordon and HAR to Run 2018 Little 500
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacki-Suede View Post
Do I get a prize for calling this several days ago?????
Yes.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/1/17, 10:22 AM   #4
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

They just killed the car count. What does second pay ? ! ? !

12/1/17, 12:55 PM   #5
racer-x

Wonder why they didn't give Smoke another chance so he could win it this time??

12/1/17, 1:19 PM   #6
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
Wonder why they didn't give Smoke another chance so he could win it this time??
3rd paragraph sez Tony will be in Europe...I'm assuming not fake news...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

3 members like this post: interpreter66, racer-x, tirespinner
12/1/17, 4:49 PM   #7
Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg View Post

Kevin Doran of Doran Racing, Lebanon Ohio , will return for 2018 . Kevin will help to
prepare the car and add valuable technical assistance. Kevin has vast experience in
racing , winning 6 -24 Hours Of Daytona, Sebring and Petite LeMans. He also has
Silver Crown, NASCAR
Interesting, I don't know how I missed this last year. So the Hoffman's are farming out their pavement prep? Cool to see Doran's involvement. I have watched his team for years in Sportscars...

12/1/17, 5:46 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I've kinda known there was something going on between them and Doran for a while now. Rob Hoffman agreed to build last years car and he and August did, Richard on paint and probably a little Cowboy action as well. Weather they are using the same car or not, IDK. Heard speculation of a motor plan with a different number of cylinders but don't know if that will be the case either.

Yes, Doran Racing, of IMSA fame.
I don't know how many crew members will be returning. Smoke had a couple of his guys with em last year but many were from the year before with Swanson. If Rob will be race weekend chief or anything,

I wouldn't say give the trophy away, But they're there to win if they can. Can't imagine anyone's much better than the top five or six of last year, Hamilton was fast all race, Santo's was fast all race and at the end, clearly the fastest. Swanson was DOMINANT in the middle part of the race till his spin. Smoke was hot from 2/3rds on but gained the most positions on the first pit strategy and losing any chance of getting back to the lead lap from the second pit stop.

It takes a lot of luck and some strategy along with a good car as I seen, Armstrong and Weir were among the fastest during the race but fell on hard times. Pierce and Coons too.

Good luck to HAR/Doran/CincyKen/Mean Green/Lykins and anyone I forgot. I guess I'll have to go see this one too. I enjoyed my first this year and I really didn't think I would. But I was floored just how hard and how long they raced in a sprint car, when your used to the most being 40 or even the Amati 68
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/1/17 at 5:49 PM.

7 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Kydehart, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Puppy, speed bump, turn4
12/1/17, 6:11 PM   #9
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Mersereau View Post
They just killed the car count. What does second pay ? ! ? !
Seriously? I hope your kidding,after all it is the little 500!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, tirespinner
12/1/17, 11:38 PM   #10
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Yes i'm kidding. just thinkin' this combo will be unbeatable

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, interpreter66
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eric Gordon and HAR to Run 2018 Little 500