IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Yeley back to NASCAR?
4/11/09, 9:41 AM   #1
Yeley back to NASCAR?
Ovalmeister

As reported on Jayski.com:

Yeley to drive the #73 at Kansas: Sources tell us that during an interview on Sirius Radio's Morning Drive program this morning, J.J. Yeley announced he is going to be driving the #73 truck at Kansas Speedway.(4-7-2009)

Trucks are better than nothing I guess.
David.

4/11/09, 10:26 AM   #2
Re: Yeley back to NASCAR?
Bubzilla

David, TJ's site wouldn't load for me, so I don't know what the report said, but I believe that it's supposed to be a one race only deal. Some track pack buddies mentioned a week or so ago about it possibly happening.

4/11/09, 10:34 AM   #3
Speedracer

I haven't been following the trucks this year but is this a Start and Park team?

4/11/09, 11:15 AM   #4
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Had heard that last wk from here,that he would be at Kansas...and poss. up 6 more for this yr!!....can't find anything on Nascar.com so far for #73...or on Yeleys page!!.....hope'n this works for J.J. n' mabe leads to other levels!!......Swindell was in their Midget at Manzy last nite,3rd in heat....15-16 cars to include R.Shuman,M. Spencer Kevin,N. High,J.Henry,M. Merfia,R.J.Johson,Alex Bowman,in a familar Blue #4 Klatt Ent. Beast from Tucson, others.....cold,windy.....144 cars total....then rain at mabe midnite!!!
_______
Brucer'
Last edited by AustinSprinter; 4/11/09 at 11:22 AM. Reason: added Bowman....

4/11/09, 11:29 AM   #5
B&C6725

who won at manzy?

4/11/09, 11:33 AM   #6
SUPERDUKE
Banned

[QUOTE=AustinSprinter;96241]Had heard that last wk from here,that he would be at Kansas...and poss. up 6 more for this yr!!....can't find anything on Nascar.com so far for #73...or on Yeleys page!!.....hope'n this works for J.J. n' mabe leads to other levels!!......Swindell was in their Midget at Manzy last nite,3rd in heat....15-16 cars to include R.Shuman,M. Spencer Kevin,N. High,J.Henry,M. Merfia,R.J.Johson,Alex Bowman,in a familar Blue #4 Klatt Ent. Beast from Tucson, others.....cold,windy.....144 cars total....then rain at mabe midnite!!!
_______
Brucer'[/QU WELL SO IT RAINED THEM OUT? IS IT RAINING TODAY?

4/11/09, 12:36 PM   #7
pgray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer
I haven't been following the trucks this year but is this a Start and Park team?

Not a start & park ...

This is a new team making there first start ever based out of Ardmore , Oklahoma.
They have purchased the former equipment of Gaughan Racing. The new team is Tagsby Racing.

:Steer

4/11/09, 2:37 PM   #8
Bruce Harrison

From Jayski.com:

JJ Yeley is set to drive the # 73 Chevy truck for Tagsby Racing owners Joey Sonntag and Ron Crosby. County Building Centers and Circle M Inspections are to be on the truck for 12 races. Additional sponsors are coming; crew chief to be announced soon. Tagsby Racing purchased trucks from Gaughan Racing (Michael and Brandon). All pit Equipment and race hauler was purchased from them as well. Motors are from Kevin Troyer Racing Engines. The team just built a brand new 10,000 sq. ft. shop in Ardmore, Ok and plans to make their first start at Kansas Speedway.(Tagsby Racing)(4-11-2009)

4/11/09, 4:47 PM   #9
Joey Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Harrison View Post
From Jayski.com:

JJ Yeley is set to drive the # 73 Chevy truck for Tagsby Racing owners Joey Sonntag and Ron Crosby. County Building Centers and Circle M Inspections are to be on the truck for 12 races. Additional sponsors are coming; crew chief to be announced soon. Tagsby Racing purchased trucks from Gaughan Racing (Michael and Brandon). All pit Equipment and race hauler was purchased from them as well. Motors are from Kevin Troyer Racing Engines. The team just built a brand new 10,000 sq. ft. shop in Ardmore, Ok and plans to make their first start at Kansas Speedway.(Tagsby Racing)(4-11-2009)
Bruce, your avatar who is that? I have heard about a rear engine sprint around here years ago driven by Harold Baker.

4/11/09, 5:07 PM   #10
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Woods View Post
Bruce, your avatar who is that? I have heard about a rear engine sprint around here years ago driven by Harold Baker.
Joey....My Avatar would "ME" at San Jose 1/2 mi. early 70's!!.....250cc Yamaha single,w/some motor work by the very talented S.J. "Machinest wrench" at the time,Gene Lankens!!....who at the time had Lil' Jimmy Rice up on his very fast 250 Suz. twin!!.....I was luckey enough in heat (Avatar)after hole shot start,to lead Rice n swap lead w/ him,to fin 2nd!! had fun,but never real serious at it!!.....Thanks.......
_______
Brucer'

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Yeley back to NASCAR?